Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Hp Envy X360 M6
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hello, 

The sound is not working until i restart the laptop. I tried Re-installing the drivers, tried changing the playback settings, and every other type of troubleshooting for sound. What other things can i do? So the problem is fixed forever. 

Thankyou in Advance

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hey there! @Gaurav__Shah, Thanks for stopping by HP forums!

I understand the audio will not work unless the PC is restarted.

Don't worry I will try to help you out.

Did you make any software or hardware changes on your PC?

Please provide the product number of your PC to assist you better.

Please try the steps recommended below.

1. Right-click on the sound icon at the bottom right corner of the desktop and select Playback devices.
2. In Playback tab, select your speakers, which is set as default, and click Properties. 
3. Click the Advanced tab. Under “Default Format”, alter the sample rate and bit depth until one of the settings works. Click Apply and OK to save the change.

1. Press Win+R (Windows logo key and R key) at the same time. A Run dialog box will appear. 

2. Type devmgmt.msc in the run box and click OK button. This is to open Device Manager Window. 

3. In Device Manager, expand category “Sound, video and game controllers“.
 Under this category, right-click on your sound card device name. A context menu will pop up. Then select Uninstall.

4. You may be required to confirm the uninstallation. Check the box next to “Delete the driver software for this device” and click OK button.

5. Restart your PC for the change to take effect. After restarting, Windows will attempt to reinstall the driver.

Let me know if this works!

Have a wonderful day ahead! 🙂

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.