Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Elitebook 840 G3
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Spent all day yesterday with a tech trying to address this, but nada. Consensus was that we'll need to wait until MS, HP, and/or Conexant to push a fix, and considering the amount of users affected, it should hopefully come soon.

Anyone heard of a status? Would be nice to be able to resume conference calls, like, right now.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

@seawinters wrote:

Spent all day yesterday with a tech trying to address this, but nada. Consensus was that we'll need to wait until MS, HP, and/or Conexant to push a fix, and considering the amount of users affected, it should hopefully come soon.

Anyone heard of a status? Would be nice to be able to resume conference calls, like, right now.

Hi,

Try this workaround from JiggleMan http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?swItemId=ob_171406_1

Source: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/Notebook-Audio/HP-EliteBook-850-G3-Sound-Problems-after-Windows-10/td-...

Dont expect that someone will call you after posting here. We are home users just like you. If you wanted to talk to someone from HP call this number 1800-474-6836. Please be nice to them so your issue will be addressed properly. Peace out!

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for your reply, ichi730! I installed and ran sp76702, rebooted, and while Conexant ISST Audio now shows up in Device Manager, the audio problem is still present. In other words, still no sound. 

I totally get being kind to the CS folks, and readily cop to the fact that a bit of acidity seeped into my original post. It's a fairly new notebook, and the experience certainly is frustrating, but I'm not casting blame. I know each of the companies is doing their best to provide a secure and positive customer experience. 

Thanks again for your help.

HP Recommended

@seawinters wrote:

Thank you so much for your reply, ichi730! I installed and ran sp76702, rebooted, and while Conexant ISST Audio now shows up in Device Manager, the audio problem is still present. In other words, still no sound. 

I totally get being kind to the CS folks, and readily cop to the fact that a bit of acidity seeped into my original post. It's a fairly new notebook, and the experience certainly is frustrating, but I'm not casting blame. I know each of the companies is doing their best to provide a secure and positive customer experience. 

Thanks again for your help.

Hi,

Its a normal thing that we tend to be furious especially your case. By the way have you tried running diagnostic test? If your computer is under warranty and you live within US you could send the computer for repair.

Regards.

"Education costs money; so does Ignorance"

If my post has helped you, click the Kudos Thumbs up!
If it solved your issue, Click the "Accept as Solution" button so others can benefit from the question you asked!

HP Recommended
Yes, it's brand new so still under warrant, and that might be exactly what I need to do. I'll call them tomorrow first. I'm hoping CS will know what the problem is and be able to fix remotely.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.