Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP 15 Notebook
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (64-bit)

Hi all,

my notebook has only one audio output jack for headphones so my question is: how can I record from an esternal audio source using my notebook ??? For example I'd like to record the audio coming from my digital piano.

Thanks

Luciano

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

You can possibly do it with USB.  http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-iMic-original-Adapter/dp/B003Y5D776

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

You can possibly do it with USB.  http://www.amazon.com/Griffin-Technology-iMic-original-Adapter/dp/B003Y5D776

I'm not an HP employee.
Did this message answer your question? Please indicate below as an Accepted Solution!
Did you find this message useful? Click on the "Was this reply helpful" Yes button.
HP Recommended

Here is a solution that you may know by now but here it is.

Your sound system I believe is called DTS andio and belongs to the same company as those little speakers on top, but I digress.

You can make an icon for this on your screen (of the DTS app) for convenience; it looks like a coiled spring.  it's already in your computer if you haven't already found it. The microphone runs from this app, as well as short cuts, but there is no plugin like such as  USB unless it gets added later.

Your whole screen is litterally a microphone - I was amazed as well. This works well for a group of people who are Skyping with friends or in a closed office, but if you are talking in an open office it's not that great (It does have a couple background noise filters) still I love mics.

If a USB driver ever comes along to allow the mic plugin, I'm ready.

Jim

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.