Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Pavillion 15 au102tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
When i play a movie the speaker sound is very soft on my notebook. I have checked all my audio settings and to no avail. I have even put it to the maximum loudness but it still doesnt work.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hello @Ethan_Den

Thanks for the update!

So you updated the drivers as I suggested, still having the same issue?

If so, try the steps below which will definitely help you fix the issue:

Solution 1:

• Right-click the speaker icon in the Taskbar and select 'Playback Devices'.
  • Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.
  • Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.
  • Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Solution 2:

• Select the Communications tab up the top.
  • By default ‘when windows detects communications activity’ is set to ‘Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%’.
  • Change this to ‘Do nothing’.
  • Press OK.

Let me know if these steps helps!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Welcome to HP Support Forum. I hope you're well @Ethan_Den!

I read about your notebook issue and wanted to stop in to share my suggestions with you 🙂

Going through your post, I understand that you are having issues while playing audio on your HP notebook. Greatly appreciate your efforts in troubleshooting! 

I did some digging in the RealTek driver page and found that there is a new driver update released in the Jan 13th 2017. Let’s give it a try:

• First, completely uninstall the audio drivers that are currently on your PC.
  • Go to device manager – Right-click and uninstall the RealTek audio drivers.
  • Make sure to click on the box which says to “Delete the driver software”.
  • Now restart the computer.
  • Click on http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78936.exe to download and install the new RealTek drivers.
  • Restart the computer once done.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance.

Have a great day 🙂

Please click "Accepted Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

uninstall realtek high definition audio. i reinstall it dy. But bang & olufsen will be change to realtek HD audio manager? I can't find bang & olufsen on my notebook.

HP Recommended

I think I wrote the wrong laptop model. My laptop is running intel i7 processor, 1tb plus 128gb ssd, nvdia 940 mx. It is pavilion 15-au136tx.

HP Recommended

Hello @Ethan_Den

Thanks for the update!

So you updated the drivers as I suggested, still having the same issue?

If so, try the steps below which will definitely help you fix the issue:

Solution 1:

• Left click the default device once to highlight it ( it's usually 'speakers & headphones' ) then click the Properties button.
  • Click the Enhancements tab and put a tick in the box next to 'Loudness Equalization'.
  • Click Apply to save the change and then click OK in all remaining windows and see if this has helped at all.

Solution 2:

• Select the Communications tab up the top.
  • By default ‘when windows detects communications activity’ is set to ‘Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%’.
  • Change this to ‘Do nothing’.
  • Press OK.

Let me know if these steps helps!

Good luck 🙂

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

@ DVortex  thank you so much for your assistance. Btw should i reinstall bang and olufsen audio drivers that I previously had it before updating realtek?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.