Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

My built in mic for an HP Spectre 360 does not work.  Windows 11 home. 

When I use ZOOM, nobody can hear me. When I use Voice Recorder, it shows that the recording is happening, but nothing from the speaker,   The speakers work with other apps,  The built in camera also does not work. The computer can't find it.   

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @AlanJay2024,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like there might be a few different issues going on with your HP Spectre 360. Let's try troubleshooting them one by one.

Microphone not working:

• First, ensure that the microphone is not muted or disabled in your system settings. Right-click on the speaker icon in the taskbar, select "Open Sound settings," and then check under the "Input" section to see if your microphone is listed and enabled.
  • If it's enabled but still not working, try updating the audio drivers. You can do this by going to Device Manager, finding the audio devices, right-clicking on them, and selecting "Update driver."
  • If updating the drivers doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling them. Right-click on the audio devices in Device Manager and select "Uninstall device," then restart your computer and let Windows reinstall the drivers automatically.

Built-in camera not working:

• Similar to the microphone troubleshooting, first, ensure that the camera is not disabled in your system settings. You can do this by searching for "Camera privacy settings" in the Windows search bar and making sure that camera access is allowed for the apps you're using.
  • If the camera is enabled but still not working, try updating the camera drivers in Device Manager.
  • If updating the drivers doesn't work, you can try uninstalling and reinstalling them like you did with the audio drivers.

Zoom issues:

• If Zoom is not picking up your microphone, make sure that you have selected the correct audio input device within the Zoom settings. You can do this by clicking on the arrow next to the microphone icon in the Zoom toolbar and selecting the appropriate microphone from the dropdown menu.
  • If Zoom still doesn't recognize your microphone, try using a different audio input device (such as a headset or external microphone) to see if the issue is specific to your built-in microphone.

If none of these troubleshooting steps resolve the issues, there may be hardware problems with your microphone and camera.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.