Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0058ur

My laptop speakers crackle when playing games, listening to music or watching videos. I've been trying to fight this problem since the summer of 2022, but I haven't found a 100% solution. I tried downloading the latest Realtek drivers and the problem was solved, but in this case, the headphones connected to the laptop were detected as speakers, which caused problems during a conversation in Skype or Discord, and the interlocutors could not hear me well. Also, with the latest Realtek drivers, B&O Audio Control program displays the error "Realtek audio console does not support for this machine". If I roll back to older drivers, the sound quality becomes worse, although the crackling does not occur. The solution with old drivers helps only for a while, at some point everything becomes as before and the crackling is heard again under the same conditions. Also, on the drivers that Windows installs itself (the ones that cause the problem), I can't change the audio format in any way.

Directly to solve this problem, I have tried many ways, and solutions such as disabling additional audio tools, etc. do not help. I've read many users' posts on various forums, but I haven't found an obvious solution.
Also, my friend has the exact same laptop and he has never encountered this problem.
I had this problem for the first time on Windows 11, but even after rolling back to Windows 10, I still haven't found a solution. Also, I tried to delete AMD and Nvidia audio devices from device manager with no result.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @GONDOZA ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration with the speaker crackling issue on your HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-Ec0058ur. It's not ideal to have inconsistent audio quality, especially after trying several solutions. 

To assist better:

• Was there any recent update on the PC?

Here are some additional steps you can consider:

Please try the following Troubleshoots steps. 

Step 1

1.    Turn off the Unit.

2.    Disconnect the AC adapter.

3.    Remove any discs from the disc drive.

4.    Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

5.    Disconnect all nonessential peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.

6.    Disconnect the AC adapter press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.

7.    Reconnect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer.

Step 2

Turn off the unit and please press and hold the Windows key + letter B key and the power button together for 30 seconds after 30 seconds, 1st release the power button but keep holding the Windows key and B key for ten more seconds and then release these two keys If done correctly, you will see the display flashing once. Please attempt it thrice as this step and Restart the unit

Step3

The unit has to be turned off, Press Win+ V while holding these two keys then Press the Power button, continue to hold all three keys for 30 seconds and then release the Power button first and then release these two keys Please attempt it thrice  and then you may get a Pop-Up CMOS Check and it will restart the unit 

Even if you don't get a Pop-up restart the unit manually after 3 attempts.

Please Run the Hardware test Please follow the link  (Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests)

If Test passed then please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below

If Test fails then pls provide the failure ID 

• Update BIOS: Check for and install any available BIOS updates from HP's website. Updating the BIOS can sometimes resolve hardware-related issues.
  • Clean reinstall audio drivers: Download the latest audio drivers for your specific laptop model from HP's website and perform a clean reinstall by uninstalling the current drivers first using Device Manager (right-click on the audio device, select "Uninstall", check "Delete the driver software for this device", and restart your laptop).
  • Disable audio enhancements: Open Sound Settings, select your playback device (Speakers), click "Properties", go to the "Enhancements" tab, and check "Disable all enhancements". Click "Apply" and "OK".
  • Check audio format settings: Open Sound Settings, select your playback device (Speakers), click "Properties", go to the "Advanced" tab, and choose the highest bit rate and sample rate supported by your speakers. Click "Apply" and "OK".
  • Test with external speakers: Connect external speakers to the laptop and see if the crackling persists. This can help isolate whether the issue is with the software or the speakers themselves.

Uninstall drivers on Device Manager

Open device manage to Uninstall drivers on Device Manager

1. Open Start.

2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.

3. Expand the category with the device driver to remove.

4. Right-click the sound device and select the Uninstall device option.

5. Click the Uninstall button. Once you complete the steps, the driver will be entirely removed from the computer.

Restart the unit

Refer to this document:  HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0058ur

Reference Video: How to Resolve Audio Issues Using HP Support Assistant

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @GONDOZA ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand your frustration with the speaker crackling issue on your HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-Ec0058ur. It's not ideal to have inconsistent audio quality, especially after trying several solutions. 

To assist better:

• Was there any recent update on the PC?

Here are some additional steps you can consider:

Please try the following Troubleshoots steps. 

Step 1

1.    Turn off the Unit.

2.    Disconnect the AC adapter.

3.    Remove any discs from the disc drive.

4.    Remove memory cards from the card reader slot.

5.    Disconnect all nonessential peripheral devices, such as printers, scanners, external hard drives, and USB flash drives.

6.    Disconnect the AC adapter press and hold the power button for approximately 15 seconds.

7.    Reconnect the AC adapter, and then turn on the computer.

Step 2

Turn off the unit and please press and hold the Windows key + letter B key and the power button together for 30 seconds after 30 seconds, 1st release the power button but keep holding the Windows key and B key for ten more seconds and then release these two keys If done correctly, you will see the display flashing once. Please attempt it thrice as this step and Restart the unit

Step3

The unit has to be turned off, Press Win+ V while holding these two keys then Press the Power button, continue to hold all three keys for 30 seconds and then release the Power button first and then release these two keys Please attempt it thrice  and then you may get a Pop-Up CMOS Check and it will restart the unit 

Even if you don't get a Pop-up restart the unit manually after 3 attempts.

Please Run the Hardware test Please follow the link  (Run HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests)

If Test passed then please proceed with the troubleshooting steps below

If Test fails then pls provide the failure ID 

• Update BIOS: Check for and install any available BIOS updates from HP's website. Updating the BIOS can sometimes resolve hardware-related issues.
  • Clean reinstall audio drivers: Download the latest audio drivers for your specific laptop model from HP's website and perform a clean reinstall by uninstalling the current drivers first using Device Manager (right-click on the audio device, select "Uninstall", check "Delete the driver software for this device", and restart your laptop).
  • Disable audio enhancements: Open Sound Settings, select your playback device (Speakers), click "Properties", go to the "Enhancements" tab, and check "Disable all enhancements". Click "Apply" and "OK".
  • Check audio format settings: Open Sound Settings, select your playback device (Speakers), click "Properties", go to the "Advanced" tab, and choose the highest bit rate and sample rate supported by your speakers. Click "Apply" and "OK".
  • Test with external speakers: Connect external speakers to the laptop and see if the crackling persists. This can help isolate whether the issue is with the software or the speakers themselves.

Uninstall drivers on Device Manager

Open device manage to Uninstall drivers on Device Manager

1. Open Start.

2. Search for Device Manager and click the top result to open the app.

3. Expand the category with the device driver to remove.

4. Right-click the sound device and select the Uninstall device option.

5. Click the Uninstall button. Once you complete the steps, the driver will be entirely removed from the computer.

Restart the unit

Refer to this document:  HP Pavilion Gaming - 15-ec0058ur

Reference Video: How to Resolve Audio Issues Using HP Support Assistant

I hope this helps. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Gaya1239 – HP Support.
HP Recommended

Thanks, the options you suggested apparently helped, but I didn't realize what exactly worked for me. Diagnostics didn't show any problems, but after I reinstalled the driver, the problem resolved. I noticed that previously when I reinstalled the driver, it automatically installed a different version, not like this time. At this point the problem is no longer occurring, thanks again for your help and time.

HP Recommended

The issue appeared again, but I have found the source of it. This is AMD Audio CoProcessor. You have to delete it from device manager. It is located in System Devices.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.