Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Zbook 15 G3
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Far out the most difficult computer for a clean Windows 7 Installation...

But after much struggling, i finally got it working.

2 things remain...

- I cant get the audiocard working (downloaded the latest audio driver from HP site)

- I cant see my secondairy video card (NVidia K2000) so no driver here as well

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Problem is solved....

After the bios update the option for audio was disabled in the bios settings....

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Problem is solved....

After the bios update the option for audio was disabled in the bios settings....

HP Recommended

I had similar problems with my bran new Zbook G3 (win 7 Pro 64 bit). Shipped with Windows 64 and right out of the box it took 12 hours of my time to install all Win 7 patches. When done video was completely unstable and Windows 7 kept stating that I needed to restart to install updates no matter what. After 2 hours on the phone with Hp tech support got the machine to boot cleanly (note this included updating bios etc etc (too many reboots to remember ).  The next day I discovered that like this orginal post there was no sound installed - not thathe wrong driver was installed but there was no sound device installed at all!  After again working with HP support we found, like the orginal poster, that in the BIOS update pprocess the sound device was turned off in the BIOS - I assume by the BIOS update.  

However unlike the orginal post turning the audio hardware  back on in the BIOS while resolving one problem caused another in that if the sound device is turned on in the BIOS the machine BSOD soon after reboot. After another nearly 2 hours on the phone with HP support doing the  sound driver shuffle ( uninstall this one reinstal that one try another one etc etc) the support guy gave up and is going to refer it to his team lead. 

So to sum up after 16+ hours of my time I have a machine that either can't play any sound or one that crashes in about 30 seconds after booting.  ie basically an expensive brick.

I wonder what HP people would say if they went into a car dealer and had to spend 16 hours adding parts to get a car to run and for the car to repeatedly shut off once on the road.    

To sum up:  great hardware; great support people; terrible software integration.  

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.