Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
probook 6550b
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
i upgraded my system from windows 7 to windows 10 and am having issues with my audio, i troubleshooted and it responded that am missing base system driver and PCI communications driver please what do i do
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W8, W8.1 or W10.

The missing devices have no bearing on why the audio is not working.

You use the windows 7 drivers for the base system and pci simple comms controller devices.

The base system device needs this driver.

This package contains the Ricoh Media Card Reader Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Ricoh Media Card Reader driver enables the integrated media card slot.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46999.exe

The PCI Simple Comms Controller needs this driver...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver and Interface.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59684.exe

What is the problem with the audio?  No sound at all?

First see if the W7 driver works for the audio too...install and restart the PC.

This package contains the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48147.exe

If that doesn't fix the sound, I have one other thing you can try.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi:

Your notebook is not supported by HP for W8, W8.1 or W10.

The missing devices have no bearing on why the audio is not working.

You use the windows 7 drivers for the base system and pci simple comms controller devices.

The base system device needs this driver.

This package contains the Ricoh Media Card Reader Driver for the supported notebook models and operating systems. The Ricoh Media Card Reader driver enables the integrated media card slot.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp46501-47000/sp46999.exe

The PCI Simple Comms Controller needs this driver...

This package provides the Intel Management Engine Components Driver and Interface.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59684.exe

What is the problem with the audio?  No sound at all?

First see if the W7 driver works for the audio too...install and restart the PC.

This package contains the IDT High-Definition (HD) Audio Driver for the supported notebook/laptop models and operating systems.

ftp://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp48001-48500/sp48147.exe

If that doesn't fix the sound, I have one other thing you can try.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the base system and pci comms drivers but the IDT Audio didnt work out. d issue is the external speaker but it do work with headset. is the issue a problem to my external speakers

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

See if this IDT audio driver works.

This package contains the driver that enables the IDTHigh-Definition (HD) Audio in supported notebook models that arerunning a supported operating system.

File name: sp63555.exe

If that doesn't work either, then the last suggestion I have is this...

Go to the device manager and click to expand the Sound, video and game controllers device category.

1. Select the IDT High Definition Audio CODEC under that category.

2. Select Driver tab.

3. Click Update Driver... button.

4. Select  -> Browse my computer for driver software.

5. Select -> Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer.

6. Select  High Definition Audio Device (Not  IDT High Def...  this is important.) and click Next.

A warning message may appear,  but click Yes.

7. Windows has successfully updated your driver software.

8. Restart the PC.

The key is step 6.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.