Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs, VIDEOS AND MORE.
HP Recommended
15-au111tx
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

the volume of my speaker decreases to zero automatically after some 5sec. my driver is realtek high definition audio of version 6.0.1.7930 the problem persisted even after updadting the driver.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Welcome to the HP Forums!

I appreciate you taking the time to share your concern and thank you for using this forum, it is a great place to find answers.

I reviewed your post and I understand that the volume decreases automatically.

I’d love to help!

With the explosion of VoIP services in the past decade, Microsoft wanted to make the process of placing and receiving digital phone calls in Windows easy and seamless. As part of this mission, the company introduced a new feature in Windows 7 (and persists in Windows 😎 that attempted to detect when the user was making or receiving a digital phone call and automatically lower or mute the volume of other apps while the call was in progress.

This all sounds great until you realize that many apps can falsely appear to Windows to be digital telephone services, resulting in the undesired reduction in the volume of a user’s media apps. Multiplayer games, for example, often have built-in support for voice chat, which Windows frequently misidentifies as a traditional VoIP service. In other instances, the app in question may actually be a VoIP service (like Skype), but the user wants to maintain the volume level of their running apps while using it.

Thankfully, this feature can be easily disabled. To stop Windows from automatically reducing your apps’ volume, head to Control Panel and select Hardware and Sound, and then click on Sound to launch the sound configuration window. Alternatively, if you have Control Panel organized by icon instead of category, you can just choose Sound from the list.

In the Sound configuration window, click on the Communications tab. This is the location where this automatic reduction feature is configured. As explained by Windows:

Windows can automatically adjust the volume of different sounds when you are using your PC to place or receive telephone calls.

By default, the option to “Reduce the volume of other sounds by 80%” is selected. Change this to Do nothing to effectively kill the feature. If, however, you actually find this feature useful, you can further refine it by having Windows only reduce the volume of other apps by 50%, or by having the operating system mute all other sounds entirely.

Click OK to save your changes and close the Sound configuration window. You can now also close Control Panel. Now, start playing some music and then fire up a game or VoIP app. Windows will no longer reduce the volume of your other apps, and you’ll have to manually control things in the event you make an actual VoIP call. If you ever want to restore the default behavior, just head on back to the Communications tab of the Sound configuration window and re-enable one of the automatic volume reduction options.

Let me know how it works and you have a good day ahead.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Take care now and have a splendid week ahead.

Take care!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

A new Version of Driver has been released for your model.

Download and Install it

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp78501-79000/sp78631.exe

Restart after installation.

BEFORE you install above driver, read the steps given in following blog ( as it seems the audio driver you have installed is not much old )

http://tech.theinfiniteinfo.com/2016/12/solution-volume-lowers-automatically.html

If this solution has worked mark Reply 'Accept as Solution'

Click the White Thumbs Up Button on the right if you wish to say Thanks, Give KUDOS
HP Recommended
I have done this but it didn't work.please help
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.