Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
15-n096sa
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

15-n096sa running windows 10, it doesn't hiberante anymore, its happend second time. initially when upgraded from windows 8.1 to windows 10. after few months i updated WINDOWS ACPI compliant drivers, its started hibernating fine in windows 10, it worked for nearly 8/9months fine, but after recent big windows10 update in october has caused the same issue. if i put it in hibernate, screen turns off, fan , hdd turns off, but power remains on, machine enters hibernate fine, if i terminate power  manually by holdling the power button down, and switch it on, it does restore hibernate session but still doesn't turn off power completely i presume it requires same ACPI update again. tried checking update many times but nothing, contacted microsoft but nothing. can anyone from hp help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Asim3,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy Good day. Smiley Happy  I reviewed the post and understand that the computer has sleep issues. I will do my best to assist you with this issue. Smiley Happy

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. Smiley Happy It is paramount that we address this for you. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy A commendable job was done by doing such copious troubleshooting before posting the query on HP forums. I am thrilled at your technical expertise.Smiley Happy Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy

Please check this link out for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/6454639/document...

Then please update the bios, chipset and graphic drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/6454...

Please uninstall the ACPI drivers from device manager and restart the computer as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Asim3,

Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums! Smiley Happy Good day. Smiley Happy  I reviewed the post and understand that the computer has sleep issues. I will do my best to assist you with this issue. Smiley Happy

You are a valued HP customer and we appreciate you greatly for doing business with HP. Smiley Happy It is paramount that we address this for you. I take it as a privilege to share this platform with you. Smiley Happy A commendable job was done by doing such copious troubleshooting before posting the query on HP forums. I am thrilled at your technical expertise.Smiley Happy Kudos to you on that score. Smiley Happy

Please check this link out for further assistance: http://support.hp.com/ie-en/product/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/6454639/document...

Then please update the bios, chipset and graphic drivers from this link: http://support.hp.com/ie-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/5401225/model/6454...

Please uninstall the ACPI drivers from device manager and restart the computer as well.

Hope this helps. Let me know how this goes. I genuinely hope the issue gets resolved without hassles and the unit works great. Please reach out for any issues and I'll be there to assist you.Smiley Happy

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up" button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a splendid week ahead. Smiley Happy

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

tried everything including bios as well, nothing worked, removed all ACPI devices, restarted machine, its working now.....

before that i was just checking for lastest update for ACPI devices. thank you anyways

HP Recommended

Hi @Asim3,

I am happy for you that it is working now. thanks for the quick response. I genuinely hope the computer works great and stays healthy for a long time. 🙂 It was an absolute privilege to have worked with you. 

Trust me I \'ve done all I can to help by keeping your best interest in mind.

To simply say thanks, please click the "Thumbs Up"button to give me a Kudos to appreciate my efforts to help. If this helps, please mark this as “Accepted Solution” as it will help several others with the same issue to get it resolved without hassles. Smiley Happy

Take care now and have a fabulous week ahead. 🙂

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.