Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
notebook X18t-1200

Son borrowed computer, returned it , later tried to get on and above phrase ocurrs on blue screen. Son cannot remember any of the passwords. Tried software programs, start and hold certain keys down, etc. Did not try the green jumper. need to get on so i can reboot from recovery disk

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Unfortunately, no one would be able to help you with that.

There are supposedly free Windows password cracking software out there on the net you can do a search for.

Otherwise you will need to reinstall Windows with a recovery disk or a plain Windows installation disk, if you are asked for a password to use the recovery disk (which I have never heard of).

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

Hi:

Enter any BIOS password 3 times and see if the PC generates a system disabled (halt) code.

If it does, please post that code.

HP Recommended

code: 66909606

HP Recommended

Hi:

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...

HP Recommended

@Paul_Tikkanen wrote:

Hi:

Restart the PC, and enter this unlock passcode...

Great!!! That worked. now my son gave me his password but iti is not correct.

HP Recommended

There are supposedly free Windows password cracking software out there on the net you can do a search for.

Otherwise you will need to reinstall Windows with a recovery disk or a plain Windows installation disk, if you are asked for a password to use the recovery disk (which I have never heard of).

HP Recommended

You have been super.You solved the hardest part for me. The rest I believe I can handle.

@ have been a greatPaul_Tikkanen wrote:

Otherwise you will need to reinstall Windows with a recovery disk or a plain Windows installation if you are asked for a password to use the recovery disk (which I have never heard of).

HP Recommended

You're very welcome.

You should be able to just boot from the recovery disk and reinstall Windows.  I have only read about needing a password when you use the recovery manager to reset the operating system.

With the recovery disk in the DVD drive, restart the notebook and at the beginning of the HP welcome screen, tap the F9 key to get the boot options menu.

Select the DVD drive, hit the enter key and watch the screen for further instructions.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.