Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
XH070UA#ABA
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)
when I power on my G62-341NR Notebook the Caps Lock button Light just Blinks. Please Help
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Single blink indicated problem is with CPU, problem is either there or on the motherboard, nothing to do with hard drive at all

Your computer will most likely need a new CPU given the troubleshooting already carried out
*****I do not work for HP*****
*****click the purple thumbs up button to say thanks*****
*****If I solved your problem, help others by clicking accept as solution*****

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
youll need to check how many times the light flashes, refer to the page below for further information on CAPS flashes

http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/doc/public/display?docId=emr_na-c01732674
HP Recommended
I tried a hard reset and even without the Battery connected the Caps Lock button Light still just Blinks! also the screen just stays Black so I cannot check the to see if the Bios is the cause of the problem. the Hard drive is new so is the battery it was working fine until it needed to update since the update the Screen stay Black and the Caps Lock button Light just Blinks!
HP Recommended
We'll need to know the pattern of blinks in order to offer further advice, however, if you have tried the troubleshooting on the document then your computer will need a service
HP Recommended
well HP says it is no longer covered by them and the local computer shop wants $100 just to check and see what the problem is then the price of the replacement part or parts then their feet to fix it I took it to my local Office Depot and they said it was the Bios , CPU or the motherboard he wasn't sure cause the Caps Lock button Light just Blinks as long as their is power they couldn't get another monitor to hook up to my laptop I think it's the Bios corrupted or dead CMOS battery because it all happened after it updated I don't know how to tell what the blink pattern is
HP Recommended
The CAPS light will blink a certain number of times then pause for about 2/3 seconds then repeat, it sounds like it may be a single blink pattern which would indicate that the problem is a failed CPU, if it flashes quickly twice then pauses it would be BIOS, it's unlikely that it will flash more than that as the higher blinks are fairly rare, what I would recommend trying is a BIOS recovery, that will restore the BIOS on the machine to the original factory default. To do this, hold the win+B keys before turning the computer on, then with those keys held, press the power button and keep hold of those keys until you either see the CAPS flashing again (failed) or a BIOS update/recovery screen (success) if the recovery goes through then you should be able to get it up and running again, if it does not and the CAPS is blinking twice then there is a further step which is to create a BIOS recovery USB using instructions below, if it is a single blink then the CPU is faulty

http://support.hp.com/gb-en/document/c02693833
HP Recommended
Single blink pattern cannot get it to do anything besides blink
won't go into the Bios menu with or without the Battery connected. Do you have to wipe a hard drive to return it?
cause the hard drive is a new one.
HP Recommended
Single blink indicated problem is with CPU, problem is either there or on the motherboard, nothing to do with hard drive at all

Your computer will most likely need a new CPU given the troubleshooting already carried out
HP Recommended
Thanks for your help
HP Recommended
its the same as mine but the capslock blinks twice
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.