Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 840 G1 Notebook PC

Hello,

I'm using Arch Linux on my HP EliteBook 840 G1, and i saw this error message on my dmesg log. Someone can help me for this error.

[    0.121622] DMAR: [Firmware Bug]: No firmware reserved region can cover this RMRR [0x000000009f000000-0x000
00000bf1fffff], contact BIOS vendor for fixes
[    0.121624] DMAR: [Firmware Bug]: Your BIOS is broken; bad RMRR [0x000000009f000000-0x00000000bf1fffff]              BIOS vendor: Hewlett-Packard; Ver: L71 Ver. 01.49; Product Version: A3009CD10002

Kind regards,

Mert Ozkan

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello again,

I disabled VT-d and VT-x in BIOS and problem is fixed but i need to use both of them. Please fix this bug.

My Kernel Version: 6.8.9-arch1-2

Kind regards,

Mert Ozkan

Update 2: I only disabled VT-d and i didn't get any errors in dmesg. Pls fix

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.