Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion 15-cs2064st

Hello HP Community

My HP Pavilion laptop has been stuck in an Automatic Repair boot loop for over two weeks now; following an awkward battery-induced shutdown, which had to result in a manual shutdown, the Automatic Repair loops began without any known means to correct them so far.

All of the diagnostic scans that have been performed have passed so far; I would gladly welcome any tips to either correct the issue, or to work around the inaccessibility through alternate boot methods.

Thanks in advance,

ADonMartini_790

17 REPLIES 17
HP Recommended

Hello @ADonMartini_790 

Sorry to hear that you are having problems ... I would like to help you.

The Windows file system could be corrupt or there is a hard disk error or undefined sofware or technical error.

(1) Test your hardware Using the HP PC Hardware Diagnostics (UEFI)

--->>> Perform Extensive Tests

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_2854458-2733239-16

See section <Running HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI tests when Windows doesn't start>

See how it works:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14GKIpGPNRM

(2) Please report your results ( error messages, take pictures )

( if serial number, device id, UUID, System Board CT Number is displayed, please blur )

This video shows how to test your HP computer hardware using HP PC Hardware Diagnostics UEFI. If you suspect that your computer has hardware issues, follow the steps in this video to isolate and identify them using the HP PC Diagnostics UEFI. Chapters: 00:00 Introduction 00:18 Download and install
HP Recommended

Hello, Ub6424; thank you for responding.

I've already done a couple of scans on the laptop (both quick and extensive) and everything came up as PASSED; this issue has gone on for a few weeks, so doing the scans were among the first things I did. If you still need me to redo the scans and include photos, I will do that, but everything has already come up fine in earlier scans.

- ADonMartini_790

HP Recommended

Hello @ADonMartini_790 

To help you I need to know the product number (p/n) xxxxxx#xxx of your notebook !

It looks something like this:

ub6424_0-1672765895476.png

ub6424_1-1672765895416.png

You will find this information on the back/rear of your notebook in small alphanumeric letters. Use a magnifying glass or the camera zoom feature on your smartphone to read it better.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Sorry for the delay in responding, ub2464; for some reason, I didn't get an E-mail notification of your reply.

The product number for my device is 6GR92UA#ABA.

Hope that helps...

- ADonMartini_790

HP Recommended

Hello @ADonMartini_790 

(1Please reinstall your operating system !

You need (another Windows computer) to prepare bootable <USB flash drive>

An unused or empty USB flash drive with at least 32 GB storage capacity is required.

HP Consumer PCs - Using the HP Cloud Recovery Tool in Windows 11 and 10

Take time and follow

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/ish_4511095-4511141-16

( All Software and drivers from HP are included )

Information: Your product number is supported: 6GR92UA#ABA

ub6424_0-1673127968408.png

(2Please report back

HP Recommended

Hello again, ub6424

I'm looking over the "Backing Up Your Files" part of the link you sent me; I would like to attempt a backup of the contents of my hard drive, but the error won't allow me to log in properly to try it. Would you know a way for me to get around this? Upon startup, I'm presented with the following six options in each instance: Startup RepairCommand PromptUninstall UpdatesUEFI Firmware SettingsSystem Restore and System Image Recovery.

If there is a possibility that I could use the HP Cloud Recovery Tool to fix the problem without the danger or likelihood of losing my files, feel free to let me know as well -- thanks 🙂

- ADonMartini_790

HP Recommended

Hello @ADonMartini_790 

The safest method is to remove the current hard drive and install a new one. After installing the operating system, the data (from old hard drive) can be used/copied via a SATA/(M.2) NVMe-to-USB adapter.

Kind regards

HP Recommended

Sounds complex and likely pricey, but it seems to make some sense; the main problem is that I don't have funds available for buying either a new hard drive or the adapter of which you speak, so doing a data backup this way may take longer than hoped, I'm afraid. Not to dismiss your advice, ub6424, but I do have some real-world limitations at the moment.

I'll do what I can for the time being in following that strategy and making it happen, but I'll welcome any other alternative suggestions in the meantime if anyone has them...otherwise, I may take some time in following through and making a new update on the thread, so apologies in advance.

HP Recommended

Hello again Ub6424 -- just making a quick update...

Still working to get a hard drive for a data backup ahead of applying the fix you suggested, but hit a tiny setback -- literally. I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm having a problem unscrewing the cover to access the hardware components. 😞😩 I've been outwitted by three tiny screws, only one of which I was able to undo earlier this evening. I'll have to give it another try later, or get a better screwdriver.

I also had a recent phone conversation with HP SmartFriends about having them do a possible fix, and I wonder if they would be able to do the type of data backup needed ahead of the fix. Again, trying to do this alone for now, but it's been frustrating. If I could get around the boot issue temporarily, I might be able to do a data backup in a more "traditional" sense with an external storage device or a Cloud-like digital backup. I don't know if something could be done through the Command Prompt to accomplish this (one of only six options available in this Automatic Repair loop), but I'm open to any ideas that might help.

In the meantime, I will try to keep this post alive until I have a better update to make.

Thanks in advance

ADonMartini_790

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.