Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My system went corrupt and couldn't even start recovery.  Just stuck in boot loop, had to reformat drive and reinstall windows but can't access bios from startup due to startup passwords and can't recall password and need to reset

I'm getting error code 51089607

thanks for your help

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try: 44981229

Regards

Visruth

View solution in original post

11 REPLIES 11
HP Recommended
Hi,

Try: 44981229

Regards

Visruth
HP Recommended

thank you!!! finally!!! lol

HP Recommended

You're welcome 🙂

HP Recommended

now do you know how i can get my factory windows 8.1 key out of here??  I can't find it.... and msdm does not exist apparently

HP Recommended

Windows 8.1 key ( also Windows 8, 10) is embedded in the BIOS chip on the board. It'll automatically activate Windows after installation while connected to internet provided you clean install exact version of Windows that came with the notebook from factory.
HP Recommended

i did format drive and clean install of windows 8.1,  only way to get running again...

but when i've ran several utilities to find the key it tells me that msdm does not exist and none have found the key even belarc advisor ....  would this be because bios was locked after attempted password entries?

HP Recommended

Your laptop came with Windows 8.1 with Bing (64-bit) from factory.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04484881

This means: You cannot clean install Windows 8.1 in your laptop simply because there are no ISO available for download from anywhere .

The only option for you is to order recovery USB from HP specific to your model.

Sorry.
HP Recommended

i'm actually on the HP stream 13 notebook pc c010ca

HP Recommended
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.