Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My HP Chromebook was showing battery needed charging so i found out i needed a new charger. I got one, plugged in white light blinking, waited 30 minutes to try to cut on it, and now it wont cut on 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @oracwilson1969 ,

Welcome to The HP Support Community.  

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

I understand you are facing a blinking white light on your HP Chromebook while charging can indicate two things:

Shipping Mode: If this is a brand new Chromebook or the battery was completely drained, it might be in "shipping mode" to conserve battery during transport. In this case, the solution is simple:

• Leave it charging: While 30 minutes is a good starting point, a completely depleted battery can take longer. Try charging it for at least 24 hours.

Deep Discharge: Even with a new charger, if the battery was very low, it might be in a deep discharge state and require more time to revive. Again, extend the charging time to at least 24 hours.

Here's what you can try:

Extended Charging: Leave your Chromebook plugged in for a full 24 hours and see if it boots up.

Hard Reset (if charging doesn't work): A hard reset can sometimes clear glitches that prevent the Chromebook from turning on. Search online for the specific hard reset method for your HP Chromebook model.

Here are some resources that might be helpful:

I hope this helps. 

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. 

Take care and have a good day.
Gaya1239 – HP Support.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.