Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion TS 15
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)
My mother's computer stopped working yesterday and every time it boots up it shows a black screen with "F1…System Information" in the bottom left corner with nothing else.
After around ten seconds it brings up a screen that has all of the system information (notebook model, product number, etc.) that says "Press <Esc> to Continue"
Pressing escape does nothing. Pressing any of the function keys at any point before or after this screen pops up does nothing (thus preventing access to the BIOS by any method I know), even pressing F1 when prompted doesn't even bring up the information screen any faster.
I have tried letting it sit for a decently long time to see if it will respond. I have also tried a hard reset. Nothing I have found has worked.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
Nobody in my house can explain it, but when I got back from work today it was miraculously fixed. I wasn't expecting that after three days of it being nonfunctional. Since it apparenly decided to start working on its own, I guess I'll close this post down. Thanks for your help anyway.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Q586258,

Thank you for showing your interest in HP Support Forums. It is a great place to find the help you need, from other users, HP experts, and other support personnel. For you to have the best experience on the HP forum, you could also visit our HP Forums Guide for First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

As I understand you are having startup issues on your HP Pavilion notebook. Don't worry, as I have a few steps that should help to resolve the issue,

Let's try these steps here:

Perform a Hard Reset

Run the extensive test on the hard drive and Memory F2

Depending on the test results, If all the test passes, I would suggest you perform a system recovery using the partition available on the PC. Doing this will wipe off everything and set the PC back to the original factory conditions. If for some reason this fails, which means either the partition is corrupted or system file is missing. 

Link to perform System recovery: Click here

The only other way to install Windows would be to order the recovery media for your laptop and using the recovery media you can install Windows. You can check if the recovery media is available online on www.hp.com/drivers by entering the exact model no. of your laptop. To find the exact model no. click here: http://hp.care/2bygf7l

Otherwise, you could also reach HP phone support to order the recovery media. Please fill in the product details to get the tech support number.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone numberCase number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

If I have helped you resolve the issue, feel free to give me a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, 

Followed by clicking on "Accept as solution" from the drop-down menu on the upper right corner,

Thank you for posting in the HP Support Forum.  Have a great day!

Regards,

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended
Nobody in my house can explain it, but when I got back from work today it was miraculously fixed. I wasn't expecting that after three days of it being nonfunctional. Since it apparenly decided to start working on its own, I guess I'll close this post down. Thanks for your help anyway.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.