Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
15 ac 170tu
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I hav to press the power button multiple times to start the laptop.. works good with the power cord on.

all my drivers & bios is up to date.. but when i open the lid... i hav to press poer button multiple times & then in 4-5 min it starts.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi @Vishalwagh123,

Welcome to HP Forums a great way to get support. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! Thanks for the post.

I understand that you have issues powering on the unit and need to press the power button multiple times for it to fire up. I’ll be glad to assist you.

Please try these steps first. Perform a hard reset.

• Steps to do it:
  • Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.

If it fires up immediately then the issue is fixed. Otherwise, try to power on the computer without the battery and check if it works right away.

In your post, you stated that it works fine with the charger. However, I need more clarity here to assist you better.

Does it work immediately when the adapter is connected and the power button is pushed only once?

If you still need to press the power button multiple times, then it may be a faulty power button and you will need to contact phone support to service the unit.

Let me know what happens when you try to power on the unit without the charger?

Visit this link to contact Phone support:

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Hope the issue is fixed without hassles. Please keep me informed.

Take care and have a blessed week.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi @Vishalwagh123,

Welcome to HP Forums a great way to get support. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! Thanks for the post.

I understand that you have issues powering on the unit and need to press the power button multiple times for it to fire up. I’ll be glad to assist you.

Please try these steps first. Perform a hard reset.

• Steps to do it:
  • Power down the computer and unplug the charger. Then remove the battery.
  • Hold down the power button of the unit for 15 seconds to discharge static electrical charges inside the machine.
  • Replace the battery and reconnect the charger. Try to power on the computer.

If it fires up immediately then the issue is fixed. Otherwise, try to power on the computer without the battery and check if it works right away.

In your post, you stated that it works fine with the charger. However, I need more clarity here to assist you better.

Does it work immediately when the adapter is connected and the power button is pushed only once?

If you still need to press the power button multiple times, then it may be a faulty power button and you will need to contact phone support to service the unit.

Let me know what happens when you try to power on the unit without the charger?

Visit this link to contact Phone support:

http://hp.care/2bjG4nE

Hope the issue is fixed without hassles. Please keep me informed.

Take care and have a blessed week.

DavidSMP
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank You very much,

you have resolved my problem successfully,,,& hav saved my lot of time...I really appreciate it.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.