Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP EliteBook 1040 14 inch G10 Notebook PC (6V6V2AV)

Started about six or seven weeks ago, occasional at first - press the on button, loud fan noise and the keyboard lights up but the screen remains black. Now it happens once or twice every day - some days, no laptop at all. Raised a case a week ago and apparently no action has been taken at all - no updates, no engineer, nothing. Looks like a problem with all the Elite HPs. Anyone have any advice apart from get a refund and buy a different make of laptop?

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

Well I will suggest you to checkout the following thread it might help you out in fixing the issue: 

https://www.hp.com/us-en/shop/tech-takes/how-do-i-fix-laptop-that-wont-turn-on

HP Recommended

Thank you for that link - the laptop is six months old and still under warranty and supposedly under 48 hour repair insurance (still waiting, a week after raising the case). So I won't remove the battery just yet, but if I'm still without any official HP support by Friday I might just take up the screwdriver and pitch in. The first time I raised the problem, the operative suggested it was due to a missed HP update on power management, so it does sound like the battery is not 'connected' to the boot-up process.

HP Recommended

Just as an update; attempted to boot up the laptop two days ago and got a battery failure warning on a blue screen. I'm getting 'Engineer will contact you' emails, but no contact. Almost two weeks on from the original case was raised, the laptop is now dead and still no sign of life from HP.

HP Recommended

Over three weeks in from the first request for repair, and still have not been given the parts or a date for an engineer to call. Interesting that the first case was closed without resolution and the second case has disappeared so that I can't check what's happened with the (lack of) action.  Is HP going bankrupt, or will it honour its obligations? STILL WAITING.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.