Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Laptop 15-dy2762wm
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a Hp 15-dy2762wm laptop and the laptop will not start up. When the power adapter is plugged in the power jack/ battery Led is flashing white every 8 seconds. The battery will still charge, when the battery wasn't fully charged the power jack/ battery Led would flash alternating amber and white. I removed the battery and plugged the power adapter in the power jack/battery Led flashes white.  I disconnected the ribbon cable for the usb board that's next to the power jack and then plugged the power adapter in the jack the Led light does not flash stays solid white. When I connected the battery the light was amber until the battery was fully charged and the Led light turned white. I did try using a different power adapter that is good and having the same results. The laptop will not start trying any of the things I tried stated above. Wondering why the Led stops flashing when the usb board ribbon cable is disconnected. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.