Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

My Smart check and long Dst not installed what do I do ??

HP Recommended

the inverter that connects the screen of the laptop to the board is bad. the inverter (can be found just below the screen when the case covering the screen is opened) should be changed

HP Recommended

The inverter that connects the screen of the laptop to the board is bad. The inverter (can be found just below the screen when the case covering the screen is opened) should be changed

HP Recommended
How do I run the test after the f2
HP Recommended
I have done all the test and everything seemed to be fine, Ive done the test twice and still my screen is grey
HP Recommended
I can get screens, it's when I click on launch startup repair or start Windows normally does my scree start up for a few seconds then goes grey
HP Recommended
I've completed the diagnosis repeatedly but still end up with the same grey screen. System tests were all passed and now it's just not working.
HP Recommended

F10 was the ticket for me!!!

I ran the diagnostics test and the memory test. They both passed and I am back to using my computer!!! I have an HP pavilion Entertainment PC. I have prrobably had this since they were first manufactured. Great computer.

It does run hot and I keep it sitting on a large thick book with the vent fans over the edge of the book. Do you think I may need a new battery?

Thanks in advance for your assistance, you have already saved me a lot of time.

Sandy

HP Recommended

Did you press fn before you pressed f10?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.