Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Omen 16
Microsoft Windows 11

My Omen 16 went off all of a sudden and when I try to turn on it the Led lights on for a second and immediatly turns off, what should I do?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi @Lev13,

Welcome to HP Support Community.

Thank you for posting your query, I will be glad to help you.

It sounds like your HP Omen 16 might be experiencing a hardware issue or possibly a power-related problem. Here are some steps you can try to troubleshoot the issue.

• Check the power adapter and cable: Ensure that the power adapter is plugged into a working power outlet and securely connected to your laptop. Try using a different power outlet and cable to see if the issue persists.
  • Remove external devices: Sometimes, external devices such as USB drives or peripherals can cause power issues. Try disconnecting all external devices from your laptop and then attempt to turn it on again.
  • Reset the laptop: Disconnect the power adapter and remove the battery (if it's removable) from your laptop. Press and hold the power button for about 30 seconds to drain any residual power. Then, reinsert the battery (if applicable), plug in the power adapter, and try turning on your laptop again.
  • Check for overheating: Overheating can cause laptops to shut down unexpectedly. Make sure that the vents and fans on your laptop are not blocked by dust or debris. You can use compressed air to clean out any dust buildup.
  • Hardware diagnostics: Some laptops come with built-in diagnostic tools that can help identify hardware issues. Check your laptop's user manual or the HP website for instructions on how to run hardware diagnostics.

I hope this helps.

Take care and have a good day.

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Alden4

HP Support 

I am an HP Employee.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.