Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Victus by HP Gaming Laptop 15-fa0000 (680A2AV)
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi...

I restored my Windows 11 using a restore point. After some time of showing the restoring option, a boot loop happens; the laptop restarts again and again, only showing a reset system message.

I can only access BIOS setup and menu using F10 and F9. Also, I cannot access recovery mode using F11.

I want to access the terminal so I can delete the OS partition and save my other data.

Please tell me the way to access the terminal.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

If you have saved anything in your Documents folder, unless you went to the trouble to move that, it is saved in the OS partition, and removing that erases all that data.

To boot into command mode, you need something to boot FROM.  What I recommend is MiniTool PartitionWizard as they used to provide an option to create a boot USB stick and you can then use that to remove partitions.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

If you have saved anything in your Documents folder, unless you went to the trouble to move that, it is saved in the OS partition, and removing that erases all that data.

To boot into command mode, you need something to boot FROM.  What I recommend is MiniTool PartitionWizard as they used to provide an option to create a boot USB stick and you can then use that to remove partitions.

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Thank You very much for your response. And issue is solved.
Other thing is i want to know that can I use miniTool Partition Wizard using bootable usb
as i told you that I cannot access anything as I was stuck in boot loop so in that condition can i able to run miniTool in USB.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.