Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 1- n225TU
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Whenever I press shut down my pc , it does not get shut down , power key light and wireless network key light stay on and it stays on as long as the battery goes on and it stays hanged in that same condition, it shuts down only when i press the power key for longer and it also reach the same condition when i press the power key for sleeping the pc for a while.

Please help me and give me a solution for it ASAP.

Thank You !

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I had already tried what you mentioned , it did not resolve my issue. I had to downgrade the "Inter Engine Management Interface" to its 9.5 version , only then the problem was resolved.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@JJ_Sachin

I would like to take a moment to thank you for posting on the HP Support Forums. I understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-n225tu Notebook and it does not shut down when you try to shut it down in Windows OS. You have to shut it down by pressing and holding the power button for some time. I'd like to help you with this case. 

I recommend you to perform the below steps to isolate the issue and arrive at a solution: 

You can save power by specifying what the computer does when you close the lid or when you press the power button.

• Depending on the setting you specify, pressing the power button causes the computer to do one of the following: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down.

• Depending on the setting you specify, closing the lid causes the computer to do one of the following: Do nothing, Sleep, Hibernate, or Shut down.

• In Windows, search for and open Power Options.

• In the left pane, click Choose what the power buttons do or Choose what closing the lid does.

• Figure: Power button and closing the lid options

Power button and closing the lid options
  • To change settings for the power button, the sleep button, or the lid when it is closed, click the settings and select the desired settings for use when using the battery or when the computer is plugged in. Then click Save changes.

Figure: Changing power button and lid settings

Changing power, sleep, and lid settings

Once you perform the above steps, please check the performance of the PC. You may have to restart the PC once for the changes to take place. If issue persists then please refer to below steps:

Using the Power troubleshooter to fix problems:

Use the Windows Power troubleshooter to automatically adjust the computer power timeout settings.

To run the Power troubleshooter, complete these steps:

• In Windows, search for troubleshooting and open Troubleshooting Control panel.

• In the Troubleshoot computer problems window, and under System and Security click Improve power usage.

Figure : Troubleshoot computer problems

Troubleshoot computer problems
  • Click Next to find and fix problems with the power settings.

Figure: Next

Clicking next to start the troubleshooter

• The Power troubleshooter starts detecting issues.

Figure: Detecting issues progress bar

Detecting issues progress bar

• When the detection process is complete, a recommended resolution displays.

You can select Apply this fix to apply the recommended fix, or select Skip this fix to continue troubleshooting without applying the fix.

Make your choice and follow the on-screen instructions.

Figure: Apply or skip this fix

Apply or skip this fix

Hope this helps. For further information on managing power options, please refer to this link: http://hp.care/2fzWrAc

Let me know how it goes. Good luck! 🙂

HP Recommended

I had already tried what you mentioned , it did not resolve my issue. I had to downgrade the "Inter Engine Management Interface" to its 9.5 version , only then the problem was resolved.

HP Recommended

@JJ_Sachin

Thanks for replying. I'm glad to know that it is working and hope it stays that way. Thanks for sharing the solution on the HP Forums because it will help other also who seek for a resolution. Take care! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.