02-06-2012 09:18 AM
From the Start Menu, open All Programs, open Accessories, right click the Command Prompt and select 'Run as Administrator'. In to the prompt type the following command and hit enter.
sfc /scannow ( note that there is a space between sfc and the / )
Let the process complete, then type exit and hit enter.
Next, click the Start Menu, click Computer, left click Local Disc C once to highlight it, right click Local Disc C and select Properties. Click the Tools tab and then click the button to 'Check the Drive for Errors'. In the following window make sure both boxes are ticked and then click Start. Agree to schedule the check at the next system restart and then restart the notebook - this process can take a couple of hours to complete before loading back into Windows.
If the above fails to help the issue, I would agree with your suggestion of returning the notebook to the retailer and getting a replacement.
****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****
Microsoft MVP - Windows Experience
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Black Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP PCs - Error Messages Display on a Blue Screen during Startup or Boot (Windows 10, 8, 7)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Starts but Screen Remains Blank (Windows 10, 8)
- HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10)
- HP PCs - Sleep and Hibernate Issues (Windows 10, 8)