Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook N9R33EA#A
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have been offered a software update SP77359 which I believe to be a BIOS update offered by HP Support Assistant. Its version F.82Ap1. Two days ago I updated the BIOS via the support assistant and, on report got another update via the support assistant. I applied this update to find that it was yet another BIOS update and now that has been applied this third update has appeared. Please advise how I should proceed.

The model number of my machine is actually N9R33EA#ABU (as reported by the Support Assistant) but ths was too long to type into the product name.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Your notebook is an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab208na (ENERGY STAR) for future reference.

I wouldn't update it. Just click the X to remove it from the download and install list in the Support Assistant.

The current version at the support portal for your notebook is F.8.1

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499306/model/8942...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10
HP Recommended

Your notebook is an HP Pavilion Notebook - 15-ab208na (ENERGY STAR) for future reference.

I wouldn't update it. Just click the X to remove it from the download and install list in the Support Assistant.

The current version at the support portal for your notebook is F.8.1

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/HP-Pavilion-15-Notebook-PC-series/8499306/model/8942...

I am a volunteer forum member, not an HP employee. If my suggestion solved your issue, don't forget to mark that post as the accepted solution. If you want to say thanks, click on the Yes button next to the "was this reply helpful?"

HP Recommended

I recieved the same update SP77359 and installed it.  Now my Bios is at F82.  I tried rolling it back to F81 by downloading the bios from the HP support page but it didn't work. Any advice on what to do? Does my PC now have a Bios version that is not compatible with my machine?

HP Recommended

@RitC wrote:

I recieved the same update SP77359 and installed it.  Now my Bios is at F82.  I tried rolling it back to F81 by downloading the bios from the HP support page but it didn't work. Any advice on what to do? Does my PC now have a Bios version that is not compatible with my machine?

No. It isn't incompatible with your machine. What has happened is that the HP Support Assistant has used a version that is currently not available in the download section of the support portalk for your notebook.

There isn't anything to worrry about. Frequently BIOS updates when installed won't let you rollback to a previous version. I have seen that in the description of BIOS updates for many notebooks. 

HP Recommended

My laptop is a HP gaming laptop.I try to install this update and it can't.What's happening?

thank you.

HP Recommended

@RitC

Please identify your notebook with its product number.

I suggest that you open the HP Support Assistant.

Start it and then click the X on the right-hand side  of the BIOS Update to ignore it.

When HP makes the version 8 available to your notebook it will be in the download section of the suport portal.

Sometimes HP Support Assistant has these hiccups and we have to work around them.

@nasos

Please identify your notebook with its product number.

HP Recommended

My PC i s the HP Pavilion 15-AB251NL with BIOS F.81.

Support Assistant prompt me to install the SP77359 with ver F82Ap1.

Also the HP support  in:

http://support.hp.com/us-en/drivers/selfservice/hp-pavilion-15-ab200-notebook-pc-series/8499306/mode...

shows a BIOS upd.  available ver. F.82 Rev. A.

What is better to do for my PC ?

HP Recommended

Try installing the HP support version to see if it works with yours..

HP Recommended
My one is HP pavilion 15 ab - 202tx with BIOS version F.43. what I am having trouble is, after copying all the files, the installer instructs me to restart and there also remains a button written "restart now". After clicking, my pc shuts down, but doesn't restart. I have to turn it on again by pressing the power button. When the pc turns on completely, it always ends up showing the same BIOS version before, no upgrades. Any help please? Thanks
HP Recommended

@Muntashir wrote:
My one is HP pavilion 15 ab - 202tx with BIOS version F.43. what I am having trouble is, after copying all the files, the installer instructs me to restart and there also remains a button written "restart now". After clicking, my pc shuts down, but doesn't restart. I have to turn it on again by pressing the power button. When the pc turns on completely, it always ends up showing the same BIOS version before, no upgrades. Any help please? Thanks

A number of us have found that the BIOS engineers don't always change the new BIOS identifier.

That has happened before during BIOS updates where the new BIOS had the same identifying information as the old one. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.