Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Hi I have an Hp ENVY m6 and I am having the same issue. I ran the test and everything seemed to pass.
P.S this problem only started occurring after the Windows 10 1607 (Anniversary) update.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended
I have contacted Microsoft and it turns out there was static in my system so I performed a power drain and it is now fine.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaysonic, 🙂

Thank you for your query. I will do my best to help.

I grasp that on startup your notebook freezes on the HP logo with the loading circle.This only occurred after installing the Windows 10 anniversary update. What is your precise model of Envy M6? 

If you start in safe mode with networking do you have the same issue? HP PCs - Windows Safe Mode (Windows 10, 😎. If you can get into safe mode, please run the troubleshooter?  You can also run the HP Support Assistant  to aid with any HP updates. You can also try turning off the fast startup option. How to Turn On or Off Fast Startup in Windows 10. If the issue remains here is a link to HP Notebook PCs - Computer Does Not Start (Windows 10). Should you still not be able to boot into Windows normally, as this did occur after the anniversary update, you should have the option to roll back to the previous version.  Should you not want to roll back to the previous version, you can try doing a clean install of  Windows 10 anniversary upgrade. Windows 10 - Clean Install (from tenforums.com) Any third party ads on the page are not endorsed by HP. Please let me now the results.

Thank you for participating in the HP Forums! We want to help you as well as others who may experience a similar issue. Please consider marking the post that resolves your issue as "Accept as Solution”  to help other community members! To say thanks for the assistance, please click the “Thumbs Up Icon” below.

Sparkles1

HP Recommended
I have contacted Microsoft and it turns out there was static in my system so I performed a power drain and it is now fine.
HP Recommended

Hi @Jaysonic,

Thank you for the update. I am glad that the issue has been resolved.

Sparkles1

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.