Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Pavilion 15-n247se
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Updating my OS to Windows 10, the new BIOS Update (F.70) was offered on HP Driver Download, so I installed it and updated my bios to F.70
Now the notebook power is he definition of "Problem" and "Malfunction" since the update:
- It shuts down a couple of times before the Windows is completely loaded, 5-10 seconds after start up. I must turn it on again "at least" 3 times until the windows is loaded.
-Most of the times it doesn't wake up after Standby.
-Sometimes, restart faces problem and not starting after shutdown.
Unfortunately It's not possible to instal a previous version (e.g F.67 which worked perfectly) on bios.
What can I do?

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Navid-S

Thanks for reaching out to us on HP Support Forums. 🙂 I read your post and understand that you have an HP Pavilion 15-n247se Notebook. I read that you updated the BIOS to version F.70 ( sp76803.exe) and since then the notebook is facing issues. The notebook shuts down a couple of times before the Windows is completely loaded. I appreciate the steps you have performed and have certainly done a great job.

I suppose these issues have started due to the BIOS update. I recommend you to rollback to the previous BIOS version. When you upgrade the BIOS on your notebook, a copy of the previous BIOS version is stored on your hard drive. Many HP notebook computers have an emergency BIOS recovery feature that allows you to recover and install the last known good version of the BIOS from the hard drive, as long as the hard drive remains functional. This emergency recovery feature is separate from the BIOS and is designed to work in the event of a catastrophic BIOS failure.

Please view this video to perform BIOS rollback: http://hp.care/2dI18Vb. I am always here to support. Let me know what happened. Good luck!

HP Recommended

@MKazi

First of all, thanks for your care.
This is exactly what I want to do, to roll back to a previous version, but the problem is, it's not possible. Unfortunately, rolling back to the last working version which is stored on hard drive as a back up is unavailable on my laptop. I know how to do that but it's not being performed on my laptop. I don't know why.
As far as not being able to roll back via windows, the last possible way remaining is to do it with a recovery USB flash drive, which again doesn't work cause the version installed is newer that what I want to instal and it's not possible unless I want to do it with the very version installed which is F.70. I did it too but the problem is not solved. F.70 is the reason of malfunction even propperly installed.
Is there a way to set up a previous version on bios manually? which I may not know. or will there be another update removing this bug or something?
I wish I had never wanted to update my windows :Crying:

HP Recommended

@Navid-S

You are welcome. 🙂 Thanks for letting me know the outcome. If your laptop is not responding to any of the steps provided then I recommend you to contact HP phone support to explore that hardware service option for the laptop. The previous update could have affected the motherboard due to which it is not responding to the BIOS rollback. You may fill out an online form on www.hp.com/contacthp to reach phone support.

For any reason, if you are unable to reach phone support then let me know your region and I will locate the contact details for phone support. Thanks again!

HP Recommended

Thanks so much :generic:
HP Doesn't support our region while its products are widely sold here in Iran. I've tried all the introduced ways of support. When I tried to chat with support agents to solve my problem, 2 agents didn't even listen to my problem because I'm from Iran and ended the conversation. Another agent listened after I complained why they focus on region before even knowing my problem. then he replied "We can't and won't help you" because we don't support Iran.  I asked so why HP is sold but not supported here, he said: Don't buy HP then! :))
He was chatting and reading my problem. The least I expected was to say 1 single sentence related to my problem.
I'll try to solve the problem anyway, but SURE I will not let anyone I know buy HP.
I  really really appreciate your help and spending time on my problem 🙂
Thank you

HP Recommended

@Navid-S

I have brought your issue to the attention of an appropriate team within HP. 

They will likely request information from you in order to look up your case details or product serial number. 
Please look for a private message from an identified HP contact. 

Additionally, keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Forum

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.