Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 8.1 (32-bit)
Hi!

So, I’ve got a problem! My laptops been running slow for a couple of days and just being generally crappy. Programs not responding, making tons of noise etc. Today I shut it down, and when I booted it up again it now won’t get past the ‘please wait’ screen you get before you put your password in? It just loops back to the screen saver again and again!

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I really need to get on with uni work!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no specific reason behind this issue, your notebook might be infected with viruses or dust inside your notebook is making your notebook slower. 

As you said notebook is making tons of noises there might be a dust problem. Try to clean up the dust inside your notebook using air blower. [Open up the back lid if needed]

Another way to fix this problem is reinstalling OS [This won't help you anymore if your notebook has dust issue.]

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. Press f11 repeatedly.
  3. Select troubleshoot.
  4. Select Refresh your PC.
  5. Follow on-screen instructions.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

There is no specific reason behind this issue, your notebook might be infected with viruses or dust inside your notebook is making your notebook slower. 

As you said notebook is making tons of noises there might be a dust problem. Try to clean up the dust inside your notebook using air blower. [Open up the back lid if needed]

Another way to fix this problem is reinstalling OS [This won't help you anymore if your notebook has dust issue.]

1. Shut down your notebook.
  2. Press f11 repeatedly.
  3. Select troubleshoot.
  4. Select Refresh your PC.
  5. Follow on-screen instructions.

HP Recommended
Thank you so much this worked a treat!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.