Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Notebook 15 af110nt

When I try to put my laptop into sleep mode, the HDD and screen turn off, but the system is not going to sleep completely. (The fan continues to work and the power light stays on.) I have been trying the operating system called Lubuntu from USB for about 1 month. I think this problem is caused by Windows and put it to sleep in Lubuntu, and this problem is also in Lubuntu. I'm thinking about updating the BIOS, but I'm worried that this laptop will make any noise (beeping) and the BIOS update will damage my laptop. I couldn't find a solution to this problem anywhere. What should I do to solve this problem? Note: I know my laptop is beeping.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

The odd part of the job is that even if I update the BIOS, the problem continues.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.