Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Probook 450 G1
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

1559479328415189255595.jpg

1559479555834915418074.jpg

Even after carrying out the said BIOS Diagnostic Tests, still the system doesn't BOOT, what should I do, please?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@Richjoe1 

You said you did the tests as recommended on-screen, so you did do the Hard Drive test -- and it checked out OK?

Asking because if that is the case, it may be a simple matter of just rewriting the boot loader files to get your PC working agai.

You will need to create Boot Media using a working PC -- as there is no way to repair this on your current PC.

Macrium Reflect is a free tool that can be used to image and restore PCs, but it also has an option to create Rescue Media (in disk or USB form) that can then be used to Repair your PC.

It is available from here: http://www.macrium.com/reflectfree.aspx

What I recommend is the following:
a) Download and install Macrium Reflect (MR)
b) Use the option to create a boot USB stick or CD
c) Boot your PC from the MR media and select the option to repair the Windows Boot

Good Luck

I am a volunteer and I do not work for, nor represent, HP
HP Recommended

Hard Drive Check reportHard Drive Check report

Well, @WaWood, thanks for your exceptional and timely response. However, while all other diagnostic tests are positive, the above picture contains the report of the Hard Drive Check*. Yet, the PC hasn't been opened in recent time.

So, what can I do right now about this?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.