Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended

I have a problem with my HP 6730b. It is a great laptop except that for some reason right now the laptop will not shutdown completely.

If I put it in Hibrenate, Stand By, Shutdown it exitis windows and than I get a WHITE Screen on LCD even if I close the screen down. The laptop continues to run the battery down until it dies.

I need it finished because I cannot rely on it because battery always gets drained dead.

I reinstalled a fresh copy of windows xp and I still have the same problem.

I upgraded to the latest verision of BIOS.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

I have understand the issue that you received while screen when a notebook awakes from standby, hibernate.

The cause of the issue could be due to corrupted power management settings.

As you have already performed BIOS update. I recommend you to check the power settins in windows xp and also uninstall and reinstall power managements settings.

1please refer the below given weblinks for your reference.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/setup/learnmore/russel_02march25.mspx

http://support.hp.com/us-en/document/bph01013

2. Uninstalling power management steps:

1. Click start--> Run

2. Type devmgmt.msc and click ok.

3. It will open device manager window.

4. Click on (+) beside the system devices and expand it.

you will find ACPI RELATED enteries.

please uninstall it and then restart the notebook to take the changes in to effect. Once it is restarted the system will scan for the settings and reinstalls it.

Hope this helps................

Thank you.

Anand.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I had the same problem. What I did was let stay on until the battery died out. Then, I pluged the power supply back into the computer, restarted, and it seems to have fixed the issue.

HP Recommended
Trust me when I say I tried everything available on the internet before I myself tried digged through and found this.
Head over to the device manager.
My pc> right click> manage> device manager
Search for Display devices option in the list of device and you will find your monitor listed there (mine was called - generic monitor php) right click and head over to properties and there will be a enable/disable option which in my case was disabled and all I had to do was enable to fix your above listed problem.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.