Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
HP Pavilion Notebook - 17-g133cl (Touch) (ENERGY STAR)
Microsoft Windows XP

Hi,

My HP Pavilion Notebook is having problems with booting Windows properly. I’ve tried rebooting numerous times, but keep getting the “Automatic Repair” pop up. Does anyone know what I should do to get Windows boot again normally? My laptop’s warranty had expired.  Thanks for your help. 
Update: I have since restored the laptop to its factory settings. Figured I can get my personal files & misc from I-cloud and Dropbox later.
Upon turning on, I don’t see my Wi-Fi network name, but see the others available. How do I fix this? I’m tempted to buy another, but I’ll wait to see if this can be fixed before doing so. While investing, under Manage WiFi Settings”, I see my network name listed there under “Known Shared Network”. Do I click on “Share” so it would be listed with the other neighbors’ networks? 

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

I solved this issue. It was an Ethernet cable. Please close. Thanks. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi,

I solved this issue. It was an Ethernet cable. Please close. Thanks. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.