Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (84 Views)

Windows 10 pro boot loop

Product Name: 15-1337wm

So I bought a slightly used laptop with windows 10 consumer/ home. I needed to install windows 10 pro and downloaded and burned 10pro to a flash drive.

The problem happens when I go start up the computer and I'll select the date and time settings and then on the next page I choose the recommended express settings and then it loads for a minute and shows the HP logo and then loops back to the date and time settings. I followed the instructions to delete the previous version of windoes 10 home and then purchased an electronic key version of 10 pro and I'm just trying to get it installed now. PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance...

Provost
Message 2 of 3 (65 Views)

Re: Windows 10 pro boot loop

What you are describing makes no sense. Can you boot from the 10 Pro flash drive? Tap F9 as you power up to boot from that drive and choose to format the hard drive if that is what you intedn to do before installing Pro. 

Associate Professor
Message 3 of 3 (64 Views)

Re: Windows 10 pro boot loop

Hi,

So you have a pendrive with windows 10. You will have to boot this computer from this pen drive. Insert thr key you have bought when prompted to do so. When you get to the window for installing, choose custom install and then delete all the partitions. There should remain only one partition ( 1 drive with unallocated space). Choose this drivd to install windows. For the time being do not connect it to internet (wifi or wired) until it is ckmpletely installed znd you have logged into windows. You can connect to internet when the installation is completed and let wjndows search for and install all drivers and updates.

Let me know if you need further help,

David

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation