Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Any failures related to Hotkey UWP service? Click here for tips.
HP Recommended
HP ProBook 4530s
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

hi,

i wanted to know if hard reset and factory reset are the same things?

my laptop won't turn on and i found out that i can hard reset that, but i do not want any of my data on hard disk to be erased. is it possible?

(i've shut it down before so there is no data on RAM)

thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi,

No, factory reset will bring your machine back to facory status (the time opening the box) byt hard reset won't.

Regards.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

HP Recommended

This is my problem:

I have an HP probook 4530 with upgraded windows 10 -64 bit on it. it was working pretty well since yesterday that i shut it down. (i'm used to hibernating my laptop, but i shut it down once every week) after that i could not make it start. it won't turn on, and the battery power LED on the side of it keeps blinking white for the whole morning!

I tried battery, AC power, and both plugged in, but the power button exactly does nothing.

i've found a table here with buttons flashing and sequences but neither matched my situation.

I have to add that it has recently been warming up a little and had a few lags, which i guessed it's because of the new windows.

do you suggest to hard reset my laptop?

and may i be sure that all my data stays the same?

thank you so much. 😉

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.