Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 11

Hi, hoping someone can help. I purchased a new HP Pavilion laptop but everytime the laptop goes to sleep I’m greeted with the attached screen, if i run the troubleshooter from the blue screen it says there is no hard drive installed. I can get windows to boot back up totally fine by turning off and on but the. If i run the components test it says all is fine, it’s only not fine when going to sleep. I did run a startup repair which failed and pointed out srttrail.txt error.

IMG_6927 2.jpeg

IMG_6928.jpeg

Any ideas why this is and how to fix? 

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi @Tc0509,

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

I'd be happy to help you! 

I understand that you are getting c:\ windows\system32\logfiles\srt\srttrail.txt log error.

In that case, I would suggest you perform the hard drive test and check.

1) Shut down the computer.  

2) Turn the computer back on again and repeatedly tap on the ESC until a Startup menu appears.  

3) Press F2 once.  

4) Go to Component test.  

5) From the list, run the Hard Drive (extensive) test.  

If the test is passed, you have to perform the RECOVERY. Click here for more details. 

Note: Before performing recovery, you may have to backup the data, as you may lose all installed applications.

Hope this helps! Keep me posted for further assistance.

Please mark this post as Accepted Solution” if the issue is resolved and if you feel this reply was helpful click “Yes”.

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended

Hi

Sorry for the delay. After testing with HP Support they determined it was a hardware problem and recommended i return the device to Currys as it was new. I then got a replacement one but this still has the issue where the device shows the error when it goes to sleep. 

HP support had me run lots of checks and also reinstall windows completely, none of which resolved the issue which is why it was determined a hardware issue. 

sadly now the replacement also is the same so i’m starting to wonder, could this be a software issue? 

Any idea where to go to from here? 

HP Recommended

Hi @Tc0509,

We apologize for the inconvenience, but it seems that the issue persists on replacement. 

Unfortunately, there are no further actions we can take through this channel. I recommend reaching out to our phone support for further assistance.

This might require one-on-one interaction to fix the issue via remote assistance. 

I've sent you a private message with further instructions. In order to access your private messages, click the private message icon on the upper right corner of your HP Support Community profile, next to your profile Name or simply click on this link.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Elohi_NR
I am an HP Employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.