Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
We have new content about Hotkey issue, Click here to check it out!
HP Recommended
hp m6
Microsoft Windows 8 (64-bit)
Hi
My laptop is stuck on the updating screen for about 10 hours now. What must i do to get out of it?
Please help
3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Dear Customer,

Welcome to HP Support Forum and we are glad to assist you.

It looks like you are having lot of difficulties to get to the Windows Desktop as updates are not responding

We will surely assist you with this.

According to the message you have posted I suspect this could be because of the recent changes made if any.

I would kindly request with you to perform the below shown steps to resolve the issue:

Step 01. Turn OFF the PC

Step 02. Power ON the PC and keep tapping F8 Key

Step 03. Select "Safe mode" from the Advance Boot Option list

Note: Wait till you get to the Windows Desktop

Step 05. Please remove unwanted startup items and uninstall unwanted applications

Step 06. Please reboot/restart the PC the normal way

Note: Incase if these steps doesn't work you can continue troubleshooting the issue again

Step 01. Turn OFF the PC

Step 02. Power ON the PC and keep tapping F8 Key

Step 03. Select "Last known good configuration" from the Advance Boot Option list

Note: Wait till you get to the Windows Desktop

Step 04. Please remove unwanted startup items and uninstall unwanted applications

Step 05. Please reboot/restart the PC the normal way

Hope this helps, for any further queries reply to the post and feel free to join us again

**Click the KUDOS star on left to say Thanks**

Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.

Thank You,

K N R K

I work on behalf of HP

I am an HP Employee
HP Recommended
Same condition is with my laptop
Its HP pavilion 15 inch and a10 and today I updated the windows ,in starting it was going normal loading and all and now its showing "we couldn't complete the updates
Undoing changes
Don't turn off computer "
Its same screen for last 3 hours
What to do now
HP Recommended
Running Windows 7.....
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.