Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Hi i have also HP Elitebook 8460p Energy star , so in my PC the Ambient Light Sensor not working properly when i can it on the brightness are full and when i can off the brightness off , i controlled it to installing HP quick lanuch button and now the fn key are working but Ambient Light Sensor not adjest auto brightness to sens of invirments so can you have any software to fixing it,

Javed Isaac From Pakistan

HP Recommended

The patch for the 8460p that worked for me is sp56876 available here

http://h20565.www2.hp.com/portal/site/hpsc/template.PAGE/public/psi/swdDetails/?sp4ts.oid=5056945&sp...

I hope this helps someone avoid the trouble I had solving this.

HP Recommended

The first link for the fix is broken.  The last link for the fix apparently does not support Win8.  

My HotKeys service is running and working for volume control, but not for brightness.

My HPSupportAssistant tells me to run the recovery manager, but I don't know where to find this.

No apparent solution for this issue on Windows 8.

HP Recommended

I have the Elitebook 8460p running Windows 7, and I updated the driver but same result -- the volume hotkeys work, but the other ones such as screen brightness do not.  I tried going into system config after holding f10 at startup, but that menu looked a lot different than the one on HP's website, and did not have an "enable" or "disable" feature for the action keys.   Right now the only way I can adjust the screen brightness is to go into Control Panel --> Hardware and Sound --> Power Options and there is a sliding bar at the bottom that lets you adjust screen brightness.  That works.  Just a couple of extra steps to get to it.  Not a huge issue, but If anyone has found a quick fix or a widget that would allow for quicker screen brightness control, please post it.    Thanks

HP Recommended

I have 

HP EliteBook 8460p

Windows 7 Professional 64-bit

I had re-installed the Fn hot key driver.

Driver - Keyboard, Mouse and Input Devices (9)

HP Hotkey Support International 
http://h20564.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/detail?sp4ts.oid=5056901&swItemId=ob_104998_1&swEnvOid=405...

Current version: 4.5.9.1
Release date: 9 May 2012

Size: 21.1 MB

This fixed my problem.

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.