Question

Honor Student
PeachTea
Message 1 of 5 (974 Views)

Display Driver Problems: Pavilion g7 (Windows 7)

my screen will randomly freeze up, get grainy, turn colors, & either recover & show "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered." or either it will blue screen & restart itself. Make it stop please!!! 

Provost
DavidPK
Message 2 of 5 (966 Views)

Re: Display Driver Problems: Pavilion g7 (Windows 7)

Hi,

Can you post back with the following.

1.  The full Model No. and Product No. of your g7 series notebook - see Here for a further explanation.

2.  The full version of the operating system you are using ( ie Windows 7 64bit ).

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Honor Student
PeachTea
Message 3 of 5 (961 Views)

Name: HP Pavilion g7-1263nr Notebook PC
Number: QE317UA#ABA
Operating System: Windows 7 64bit
Provost
DavidPK
Message 4 of 5 (955 Views)

Hi,

Try the following.

Download the AMD installer on the link below and save it to your Downloads folder.

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp55001-55500/sp55081.exe

When the download has completed, open windows Control Panel, open Programs and Features, right click the entry 'AMD Catalyst Install Manager' and select Change.  Select the option to uninstall all the software and procede with the process - towards the end, you should get the option to uninstall the Catalyst Manager which you should also do.

When complete, restart the notebook.

When windows has fully reloaded, open your Downloads folder, right click the AMD installer and select 'Run as Administrator' to start the installation.

Again, when this has completed, restart the notebook and see if this has helped the issue.

Regards,

DP-K

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

****Click the White thumb to say thanks****
****Please mark Accept As Solution if it solves your problem****
****I don't work for HP****

Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
cankles
Message 5 of 5 (659 Views)

[ Edited ]

Hi there, I bought this computer about a year and a half ago, specifically to use to connect to my TV. It quickly became apparent that wouldn't work as I get the dreaded "Display driver stopped responding and has recovered" "Display driver Intel Graphics Accelerator drivers for windows 7(r)stopped responding and has successfully recovered" all the time, especially when watching video. So i have just shelfed this laptop but now my other computer has died and I need to start using this one a lot more, so I would love to get this thing working as it should have from the beginning. I have updated display drivers and BIOS and everything the HP website has suggested, but nothing has changed. It's nearly unusable, in fact while typing this paragraph the screen froze up and "Recovered" 4, make that 5 times.

Please Help

HP Pavillion G7 Notebook

LF158UAR#ABA

Intel Pentium CPU P6300 @ 2.27GHz

4 Gb Ram

64 bit OS Windows 7 Home Premium  Service Pack 1

Dave

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation