Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended

Greetings.

I am using HP G62 notebook PC model. [Personal Information Removed]

Graphic card is ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 number 8.741.1.1000 (20100621)

I'm runing on Windows 7 64-bit. I hafe updated windows to the latest version.

After I have seen the problems described below, I have deinstalled previous drivers and installed

11-9_mobility_vista_win7_32-64_ccc and tried with additional catalyst as described below.

The graphic card is not working properly when playing some games:

1. When starting Age of Conan game, I receive a message:

"You appear to be using an outdated video driver that may behave unstably. It is highly recommended you update your video drivers to at least version ATI display driver catalyst 11.6 or later." 

And than it shows an ATI webpage to get that catalyst from. When I go to that page and download the required catalyst for my system (AMD Catalysm Mobility 11.9 64-bit) and start the instalation, I receive a new message:

"AMD Catalyst Mobility canot be downloaded due to incompatible hardware/software on your computer. The version of your graphics adapter is not supported. Please contact your notebook manufacturer for a graphic driver update."

2. Another problem I encountered is after downloading and installing Mass Effect 1 from Steam. The game does not start at all.

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

Hi,

On the website of HP are newer drivers.

goto http://www8.hp.com/us/en/support-drivers.html , fill in your modelnr

and you get to the correct download page .

I have a G62 also and work under driver version 8.812.1.3000

Goodluck

Groetjes,

Jan
HP Recommended

My computer type is:

HP G62-B45EM

At least this is what is written under battery, but this type is missing among the options on the web page.

Tried version 8.770.2.2000 but it did no difference.

HP Recommended

I have A G62 B60SD

have graphiccard  ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470 and AMD M880G with ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4250          

Maybe it fits yours.....          

Groetjes,

Jan
HP Recommended

So how do you update this trash driver ?

I have an Hp g62 with ATI Mobility Radeon™ HD 5470 (1Gb)

I need to update it. AMD one is not working at all.

Hp got the same old driver (1 or 2 years old)... how can i update it?

HP Recommended

hej tack så mkt

HP Recommended

tack så mkt

HP Recommended
mmmmmm
HP Recommended

merabaaa

HP Recommended

Every time I try to install CCC or the ATI drivers I get a black screen when windows is about to bootup so it's a software problem.

Laptop information

P/N: XH108UA

Model: HP DV7-4171us

O.S. Windows 7 64bit

Display Adapters: AMD M880G with Mobility Radeon HD 4250

ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5470

When I try to install the drivers, I get the black screen. I have to disable the Radeon HD 4250 adapter in order to get into windows. The other issue is when I tried to inable the "3-D" screen saver, I get the, " The Screen Saver can't run because it requires a newer video card or one that's compatible with Direct 3-D".

I'm checking it out for the owner before her college starts back up in May 2014 so she has a backup because of hard drive issues with her HP g7. She's also missing the recovery partition data, [empty folder?] Who ever repaired her laptop last year removed a lot of the HP software because this model is slow however I've been able to reinstall most of th original software but have to stop trying to install the graphics adapters. If I watch a movie, it's just too choppy & the picture just plain sucks. Has anyone else had this issue with the model mentioned above... Thanks, Dan

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.