Question

Student
Vesper
Message 1 of 2 (10,201 Views)

HP G62 - Intel core I3 - Windows 7 - Graphic performance issues

[ Edited ]

Hello, I've recently bought this laptop after replacing my old HP Pavillion, it was, as far as the specs were advertised, about 4 times the power of the previous.

With this, I thought it would perform well using games and other such media.

But when I tried to play a game, such as Call of Duty Black Ops (Which, by the specs this system should have, could run it comfortably well), it underperforms quite a lot.

When I perform tests using the Can You Run It browser scanner from system requirements lab, It tells me that it fails even though I passed with everything, it say's it just can't recognised the graphic hardware thats in this system.

I want to know if there's a way to improve this laptops graphical performance so that it I can actually run a game well on it without worrying about it freezing up on me, I paid good money for this laptop and i expected it to perform a bit more smoothly on this.

NOTE: When i performed the system performance rating test in Win7, it gave my graphics a 4.8 and gaming graphics of 4.9, this is a higher rating then my Desktop PC at home, yet my PC can handle games like black ops and crysis with ease.

So any help is appreciated.

EDIT: Here's an screenshot of the test I did on the game Crysis 2

Crysis 2 System Test.jpg

Provost
erico
Message 2 of 2 (10,173 Views)

Re: HP G62 - Intel core I3 - Windows 7 - Graphic performance issues

[ Edited ]

Unfortunately only true Gaming laptops can run games like Crysis, Far Cry and COD: Blackops. I mean HP Envy 17 3D, Alienware, Qosimo gaming laptops. They are not standard laptops.

You can upgrade to an external graphics adapter and play the games on an external display. ViDock2 is reputed to be a nice upgrade.

Best regards,
erico

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****
You can say thanks by clicking on the Kudos thumbs up icon

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation