Question

Honor Student
aki1981
Message 1 of 4 (137 Views)

HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

hi, i have a notebook hp pavilion  [HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC] with amd graphics, and ever since i have updated 8.1( windows 8.1 was already upgraded on my notebook) all of a sudden the graphics started to act funny. horizontall lines started to appear over the entire screen randomly and non stop. i had to disable the driver in order to actually be able to work on my notebook. could please help. thank you!

Provost
lasvegaswireman
Message 2 of 4 (133 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

When requesting assistance, please provide the complete model name and product number (p/n) of the HP computer in question. HP/Compaq makes thousands of models of computers. Without this information it may be difficult or impossible to assist you in resolving your issue.

The above requested information can be found on the bottom of your computer, inside the battery compartment or on the startup BIOS screen. Please see How Do I Find My Model Number or Product Number? for more assistance locating this information. DO NOT include your serial number. Please enter the model/product information into HP's Online Consumer Support page and post it here for our review.

hp label.png

Please try the most current Windows 8.1 driver from your computer's HP support page or the beta driver from AMD. You may have to uninstall the current driver before you can install the AMD driver.

If you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Please click the White KUDOS "Thumbs Up" to show your appreciation

Frank
{------------ Please click the "White Kudos" Thumbs Up to say THANKS for helping.
Please click the "Accept As Solution" on my post, if my assistance has solved your issue. ------------V

This is a user supported forum. I am a volunteer and I don't work for HP.

HP 15t-j100 (on loan from HP)
HP 13 Split x2 (on loan from HP)
HP Slate8 Pro (on loan from HP)
HP a1632x - Windows 7, 4GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6130y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6320y - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
HP p7-1026 - Windows 7, 6GB RAM, AMD Radeon HD 6450
HP p6787c - Windows 7, 8GB RAM, NVIDIA GT 240
Honor Student
aki1981
Message 3 of 4 (132 Views)

Product name: HP Pavilion 15 Notebook PC

Serial number: XXXXXXXXXX

Product number: E9K00EA#ABU

Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit 

i HAVE TRIED ALL. IINCLUDING THE BETA FROM AMD. ITS DOING THE SAME HORIZONTAL LINES ON THE SCREEN. I MUST KEEP THE DRIVER DISABLED SO THAT I CAN WORK. BUT I CANNOT USE IT WHEN GAMING OR DOING SOMETHING ELSE THAT INVOLVES GRAPHICS

Honor Student
aki1981
Message 4 of 4 (131 Views)

OH AND IS AMD RADEON 8450G

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation