Question

Honor Student
ambie80b
Message 1 of 22 (41,084 Views)

HP Pavilion DV6 notebook PC HDMI cable connection to TV stopped working

Hi, 

I have a HP Pavilion DV6 notebook PC running windows 7 with up to date software. Yesterday when I connected the HDMI cable to my home theather system to stream a movie rather than hearing the ding sound and displaying the contents of my computer screen on both the TV and the computer,  the computer dinged then the computer screen went black and one the TV it said no signal mode not supported.  I went into the 'appearance and personalization section' of the control panel and doublechecked the resolution and everything indicates it should be working just as it has before.  What gives?

Any advice would be much appreciated.  Please let me know if you need any further information. 

Thank you.

Teacher
Velenoso
Message 2 of 22 (41,078 Views)

Re: HP Pavilion DV6 notebook PC HDMI cable connection to TV stopped working

detect.jpg

Honor Student
ambie80b
Message 3 of 22 (41,056 Views)

Thanks!  Choosing 'detect' allowed me to first add the second display then connect to it by choosing 'available  display output Intel(R) HD graphics' under the display drop down menu.  After which I was able to chose duplicate displays, then connect to the TV without the computer screen going blank.  Next I  saved changes then connected to the TV via HDMI cable, chose multiple monitors and hit detect again (or the other way around).

Thanks a bunch :smileyhappy:

Top Student
mrmikeykc
Message 4 of 22 (38,807 Views)

i have the same problem but when i hit detect it doesnt

but when opening the intel control panel the tv is visible?

Tutor
egyxiaoyu
Message 5 of 22 (38,785 Views)

please i got the same problem i have hp pavillion dv4 1220us when i conect it to my sony tv by HDMI cable 

the tv send me message says unsupported signal check your output device and i had tray many thinges but it donsenot work i wish that you can help me for that 

many thanks and best regards,

Teacher
Velenoso
Message 6 of 22 (38,759 Views)

Try using this Intel® Driver Update Utility to update your Intel graphics drivers

Tutor
egyxiaoyu
Message 7 of 22 (38,754 Views)

yes ı dıd that then instaled the latest java but then stell the same problem and the same message from the tv !! what do you think ?

Tutor
egyxiaoyu
Message 8 of 22 (38,744 Views)

any reply please i need help realy about that i am going crazy!!!

Top Student
mrmikeykc
Message 9 of 22 (38,717 Views)

all drivers are latest version

Tutor
egyxiaoyu
Message 10 of 22 (38,712 Views)

yes all drivers are lst version...everything was working very well till the day before yestrday while i was conecting the cable to my pc and my tv it had show on the tv screen then sudenly everything went and it had give me the message of unsupported bla bla....

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation