Question

Student
sunkissed222
Message 1 of 1 (2,134 Views)

HP Pavillion dv6000 - No Standard VGA Graphics Adapter ?

Hello all,

This started a few months ago. I always have my resolution at 1024 x 768, a relative used my computer and changed it to 800 x 600. Ever since then, everytime I restart the computer, I have to uninstall the driver, restart, let the computer reinstall it and restart again. If I don't, I can't set it to the 1024 x 768 resolution. So that's what I've been doing for the last few months.

Today, I think I deleted the VGA Graphics Adapter all together because now I'm getting this error message: "

This device cannot start. (Code 10)

Click 'Check for solutions' to send data about this device to Microsoft and to see if there is a solution available."

Check for solutions did nothing to fix it. Uninstalled the driver, restarted, it wouldn't install because it can't find the adapter itself. I put in the Windows Vista CD I have, scanned it to install the adapter and it couldn't find anything. I went looking online, downloaded the nvidia nforce chipset driver and the nvidia vga driver from HP.Com but again, they're drivers for the adapter and I need the adapter itself. It also said something about not being for my operating system (Windows Vista Home Premium) even though they were listed under Windows Vista Home Premium. I don't know what else to do, I'm stuck! Any help would be very appreciated, thank you!!

Specs:

HP Pavillion dv6000

Laptop is about 3 years old, factory restored once a while back, no other problems since

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation