Question

Honor Student
idude0407
Message 1 of 10 (11,604 Views)

I need help removing bezel from my laptop screen

I have a HP Pavilion DV4-1125nr laptop and I cracked the screen and need to change it but I can't seem to figure out on how to remove the bezel out of my screen so I can remove screen and get the model number from the back.  I removed screens before but they had screws on top of bezel covered by little rubber knobs and the dv4-1125nr doesn't have any of this and it looks like you have to remove the bezel using your hands but I can only pop out the top and the sides, the bottom doesn't pop out and I'm afraid to force it out in case I break it.  What am I misssing here?  Is there a trick to get it out?

Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 2 of 10 (11,575 Views)

Re: I need help removing bezel from my laptop screen

[ Edited ]

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/?jumpid=reg_R1002_USEN&lang=en&cc=US&hpappid=psml

From above url ( HP partner Services Media Library ), do the following;

1. Select Laptops and Teblet PCs in "Product Category"

2. Select HP Pavilion Notebook PCs in "Product Family"

3. Select Pavilion dv4-1000 Entertainment Notebook PC series in "Product Series"

4. Select either FRU Remove/Replace (AMD) or FRU Remove/Replace (Intel) based on your CPU type.

5. It should bring up another window "HP Service Media Library" and then select Display Bezel ( Recessed ) to bring up the video and detailed procedure for you to open up the LCD Display Bezel.

Have fun and keep this URL handy and you can use it for all your DIY works later.

Honor Student
idude0407
Message 3 of 10 (11,563 Views)

Thanks for the info.  It looks a lot more complicated than the one I changed before.  The one I did I din't have to break the laptop apart to put the new screen.  I'll try it this weekend and if I can't do it I just send it out.

Honor Student
sarahjones
Message 4 of 10 (10,727 Views)

Hi,

I know this topic is kinda old. I was wondering if you figured out how to remove the bezel?

I am having the same problem with the DV4-1125NR. I looked up a video on how to replace the LCD screen, but the DV4-1125NR doesn't have the screws on the front...

I am a little scared to take the whole laptop apart, I don't want to damage anything. Does everything have to come out, including the keyboard, etc.?

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 5 of 10 (10,716 Views)

You need to remove the keyboard before you can remove the LCD panel from its base.

The video provides all the necessary steps. You need to remove the plastic cover before you can see the screw.

Honor Student
sarahjones
Message 6 of 10 (10,695 Views)

I watched the video but I am having trouble removing the keyboard. I removed the screws, but the keyboard doesn't slide out as in the video. It is like it is glued down or something. Any idea on what I am doing wrong?

Grad Student
ClintonTam
Message 7 of 10 (10,678 Views)

If you did remove all the screws and followed the video actually, then it is likely some kind of sticky tape is got between your keyboard and the motherbord.

Try to recheck all the mounting screws and make sure there is nothing holding down the keyboard then try to pull the keyboard up slowly.

Student
Kangaeroo
Message 8 of 10 (7,460 Views)

I have an HP pavilion dv4 1125nr lap top with a busted screen. I can't find any information on how to replace the screen just how to remove the display panel. How do you remove the besel from the screen?

Regents Professor
HaggisCat
Message 9 of 10 (7,442 Views)

http://h20574.www2.hp.com/results.htm?SID=3745837&MEID=74A9C3CA-6653-4F90-BB84-693B11B7F8E5

Navigate to Display Bezel (recessed) in the left column.

You have to be signed in, give the library time to load, it takes while.

Student
white53
Message 10 of 10 (365 Views)

Re bezel problem, If you look very closly at the hinges, you will notice that behind them are little cover plates, that are basicly held in place with sticky stuff. lift the plates and you will find the two screws tha are stopping you  from removing bezel. It took me a while but since I had nothing to loose I played with mine till I figured it out.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation