Question

Honor Student
linuxmania
Message 1 of 7 (891 Views)

Laptop screen horizontal lines

HI

I have HP Notebook compaq Presario CQ50-110US , there is several faint horizontal lines covers about 1/3 of the bottom area of the whole screen and some vertical color lines appear in the same area too after some time of having the screen on.

The whole screen issue is constant even on the BIOS screen, I connected external screen and the the result was clear good picture without issues.

just want to make sure if I replaced the whole screen is that going to solve the problem?

If yes where is the best place to buy a new screen or an online store to order it, I could replace it myself.
Thank you :smileysad:

Professor
Charles001
Message 2 of 7 (882 Views)

Re: Laptop screen horizontal lines

Sounds like the issue is at the display panel and replacing should solve the problem. It is possible that you don't have to replace the whole display - but you will need a service tech help determine that.

Parts maybe ordered on HP PartSurfer: http://www.partsurfer.hp.com

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
linuxmania
Message 3 of 7 (881 Views)

Thanks for the quick reply, it seems it is the screen.

HP website is so limited and it seems they don`t support my version anymore.

Professor
Charles001
Message 4 of 7 (869 Views)

On that link, type in FE869UA (which is the product number of your notebook - should be printed on the back of your notebook or under the battery). list of part will show.

======================================================================================
* I am an HP employee. *

** Make it easier for other people to find solutions, by marking my answer with "Accept as Solution" if it solves your issue. **

***Click on White “Kudos” STAR to say thanks!***
Honor Student
linuxmania
Message 5 of 7 (863 Views)

Thanks that is so helpfull

Honor Student
linuxmania
Message 6 of 7 (850 Views)

all the lines disappeared and the screen is clear again, I am fully surprised, please any explanation how that happened and if If I still need to replace the screen or it may be something else, thank you

Honor Student
adifrank
Message 7 of 7 (774 Views)

Hi. I have the same problem with my HP Pavilion and found this thread.

linuxmedia, how exactly did you solve the problem? I couldn't understand what it was you did to fix it?

ThankS!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation