Question

Honor Student
ParkerWood
Message 1 of 2 (97 Views)

My HP ENVY dv6 won't detect or display anything with my second monitor.

I recently purchased a new monitor, but my envy will not detect it at all. I've checked multiple times. I'm using a VGA cable to connect the device. The monitor recognizes the cable is in and the connnection is secure, but it will display a "No Signal" and go into an immediate sleep mode after being booted up. I am able to move windows back and forth between the primary screen of the laptop (screen 1) and the secondary monitor I recently purchased (screen 2), but screen 2 does not display any of the windows.

Any help would be appreciated.

HP Support Agent
Sparkles1
Message 2 of 2 (70 Views)

Re: My HP ENVY dv6 won't detect or display anything with my second monitor.

Hi @ParkerWood ,

Welcome to the HP Forums!:smileyhappy:

I would like to take a moment and thank you for using the forum, it is a great place to find answers. For you to have the best experience in the HP forum, I would like to direct your attention to the HP Forums Guide First Time Here? Learn How to Post and More.

I understand that you are having a difficulty getting the second  display to function correctly.  Here is a link to   Connecting a Monitor, Projector or TV (Windows 8) to assist you.

Good Luck!

Sparkles1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation