Re: Update to windows 8.1 Load MMdriver not responding (1099 Views)
Honor Student
Ruchan
Message 1 of 4 (3,169 Views)

Update to windows 8.1 Load MMdriver not responding

After I updated my windows 8 professional to windows 8.1, first the graphics drivers stopped working. So I downloaded the intel and amd graphics driver form hp support page. 

Now the intel graphics is running fine, but the amd graphics driver is not working. Everytime the laptop starts after 1-2 minutes "Load MMdriver application has stopped working" error comes which disables the highperformance ATI graphics.

Please help what can be done here to solve this issue.

I downloaded http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softpaq/sp59501-60000/sp59936.exe which is dated 2012-11-26 but still is the only driver which actually installs, other lates drivers from the amd abruptly stops through install. Also it is recommended from hp support page for my laptop.

My laptop specs

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC 2230ee

Microsoft Windows 8.1 Pro

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz, 2201 Mhz, 4 Core(s), 8 Logical Processor(s)

Radeon (TM) HD 7670M

Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000

Student
msaqer
Message 2 of 4 (2,988 Views)

Re: Update to windows 8.1 Load MMdriver not responding

same problem with me my labtop model is hp g6 2245sx

HP Support Agent
Lil_Lisa27
Message 3 of 4 (2,853 Views)

Hey Ruchan, and msaqer,

To start off the troubleshooting, it is best to restore the original drivers that came with your system. Please follow the steps in the document 'Using Recovery Manager to Restore Software and Drivers (Windows 8)'. You will need to reinstall the graphics drivers, and the Intel Chipset drivers.

After the original drivers have been reinstalled, you will need to reinstall the updated drivers in a very specific order. First you will need to install the updated Chipset drivers. Install the 'Intel Chipset Installation Utility and Driver' first, and then restart your computer. Next will be the 'Intel Management Engine Interface (MEI) Driver'. Again after the installation, please restart the notebook.

Now once the Chipset drivers have been installed, you will need to install the graphics drivers. Again these need to be installed in a particular order. So first you will need to install the 'Intel High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver'. Once more please restart your computer after installation. Now you can install the 'AMD High-Definition (HD) Graphics Driver'. Please restart you notebook one more time.

I have also included the document 'Overview of Switchable Graphics or Dual GPUs'. This is just for reference, but please do read through as it may also help to resolve the issue.

Please let me know if you are still getting the same error message.

Thank you.

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the left to say “Thanks” for helping!

Lil_Lisa27
I work on behalf of HP
Student
raziel89
Message 4 of 4 (1,099 Views)

same thing 

HP Pavilion g6 Notebook PC

Windows 8 Pro 64-bit 

Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM CPU @ 2.20GHz

Radeon (TM)  HD 7670M

Intel(R) hd 4000

Product number: C6S44EA#ABV

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation