Question

Top Student
rohit5500
Message 1 of 4 (6,752 Views)

how to disable switchable graphics

hello!! i own a hp pavilion dv6-3121tx which have switchable graphics so is there any way to disable the switchable graphics because i only use my laptop for playing games with charger connected

Provost
banhien
Message 2 of 4 (6,750 Views)

Re: how to disable switchable graphics

Hi,

Hope this helps:

http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport/TechSupport/Document.jsp?lang=en&cc=us&objectID=c02731962&jumpi...

Good luck.

BH
**Click the KUDOS thumb up on the left to say 'Thanks'**
Make it easier for other people to find solutions by marking a Reply 'Accept as Solution' if it solves your problem.
Provost
erico
Message 3 of 4 (6,749 Views)

[ Edited ]

If you only use if for games with the power adapter connected, then you have no need to automatically switch to the power saving GPU.

Right-click an empty place on the desktop and select configure switchable graphics.

Take the tick mark out of the box that says "Automatically select power-saving GPU when on battery".

Select the High Performance GPU and then click on apply at the bottom right side of the window.

Now you should see the High Performance GPU as the current graphics processing unit  in the Switchable Graphics Status.

Switchgraph.PNG

Help others by clicking on the "Accept As Solution" button if my suggestion resolves the issue you were having
****I am a volunteer, I don't work for Microsoft or HP****

2014 Microsoft MVP - Microsoft Windows Expert - Consumer

Student
dyanuniverse
Message 4 of 4 (1,303 Views)

But what about, when the app or game, constantly switches to ''not assigned'' in CCC ???

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation