Question

Honor Student
GarySinise19
Message 1 of 10 (3,418 Views)

hp pavilion dm4-1162us graphic problem

Hi all,

I am new to this forum because I hope to find an answer to a problem I have with my ~5 month old hp laptop w/ Intel HD graphics. I directly want to say that I am not a native speaker so please allow some language errors in my description.

The problem is the following:

When I start the laptop or when it is coming back from stand-by, sometimes (about once every 20 starts) the screen looks weird, has lines on it and weird colors with a low resoultion. I can easily solve the problem then by going to projector mode and back. Then everthing is fine again. But I think this cannot be okay and it annoys me evertime it happens.

To explain it better I add these pictures, btw: screenshots were not possible because when the screen is okay again, the screenshot is also ok, so the saved picture is ok and I think it is a problem with the display of the graphics only.

IMG_0129.JPG

IMG_0130.JPG

IMG_0003.JPG

I already installed the orginal graphics driver, the newest and tried to change monitor settings. There is still manufacturer warranty, so I would be able to send it to HP, but the problem is that I need the computer for work and cannot be without for a long time.

I hope one of you knows how to solve the problem or can give me a hint what I can do.

Thank your very much and best regards.

Gary

Honor Student
nesr_2020
Message 2 of 10 (3,343 Views)

Re: hp pavilion dm4-1162us graphic problem

same problem here~

tried to reinstall my vga and same problem

Thanks

Honor Student
GarySinise19
Message 3 of 10 (3,263 Views)

OK, so far I had one entire week without the problem...I hope I do not celebrate at a too early stage, but the problem seems to be solved.

-- I found in a different threat for a different laptop the advice to take off the energy cable AND the battery for at least 12 hours.

In this time, the monitor should be able to "something like depolarize". I didnt believe it would work, but as I said: No problems since an entire week with many restarts.

Try it and hopefully I am not in this threat again in some days to take everything back.

Greets

Honor Student
Rakuvi
Message 4 of 10 (3,228 Views)

I've got the same issue with my pavilion dm4-1160us.

It only happened once, but last week i've seen the same happening on my friends' Lenovo T510i,

and he said it wasnt the first time for him.

I'm guessing this is cpu-related as the graphics are embedded into the core i5/i3/i7 processors.

Top Student
Classicguy
Message 5 of 10 (3,069 Views)

Where do I find the energy cable to take it off?

I am having this exact same problem!

Student
DavidOa
Message 6 of 10 (3,019 Views)

Exact same issue... how is it resolved?

Honor Student
rcarbis
Message 7 of 10 (2,984 Views)

[ Edited ]

Exactly the same picture on a dm4-1200 that is two months old. Happens randomly.     Lowered screen resolution one step down from maximum, wait and see.  Seems like a driver problem.  Hope there is a fix coming soon.

Looks like the lower screen resolution is working so far.  I thought I had backed off drivers, but looking now I don't think I was successful doing that. 

Well, had the problem yesterday 4/30, so lowering the resolution didn't help.  Haven't tried any other drivers. 

Honor Student
nesr_2020
Message 8 of 10 (2,876 Views)

up up

any help here ?

same low resolution problem

thanks

Student
bluedemon90
Message 9 of 10 (2,397 Views)

I have the same problem and my screen looked exactly like what GarySinise19 posted. it is really bothering me.

I wonder why hp would sell a product with defects like this?

I was on chat since yesterday with an hp support assistant.

the first one said i had to return my laptop so they can fix it within 7-9 working dys. apparently i can't because of my school works.and it will involve system reformatting. I don't want to lose my music files, pictures and documents! making a back up would put me in an inconvenience because they would reach 10 gigabytes.

the second and the third one told me that since the problem occurs intermittently, the culprit could be my laptop's operating system so they made me install a BIOS update, a chipset, and an essential system update but it did not resolve the problem.

I hope someone could help me (or us) resolve it

Student
figit090
Message 10 of 10 (1,107 Views)

Same issue here, I haven't searched for other postings but I figured since this is the EXACT same problem I would ask for a solution here.

Is there an update or solution we can do without sending the laptop in?

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation